Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 06-18-2019

Are you running the sony headunit to the marantz receiver?
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 06-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Nice work! This project is on my list (which is too long, as usual). Thanks for the pics and details. To your list I’d add a WeBoost cell amplifier. Even with just the magnetic stubby antenna glued to the roof, our 4GX makes a huge difference in fringe areas. Sat my Verizon MiFi Box & AT&T Mobley (if V signal bad) right on top of the Hershey bar antenna. For $20/mo I like having the slightly finicky AT&T Mobley as a backup. Just converted our Travler from Directv to DISH. THE Wally can’t do multiple recordings but works well with portable USB drive. Would like to have gone with a Hopper 3 but couldn’t justify DISH’s asking price difference between the two. No doubt you’ve seen the video of what I did several years ago with the bedroom TV - HERE. Like having that former old style tube TV compartment for storage, way more useful than the former paper towel & TP storage cabinet under the window!

The overhead compartment exhaust “fans” on mine are just one. Like every M380 there are two chromed openings, but only one has a fan. It is hooked to an adjustable thermostat located behind the TV. To keep it from running all the time, when off-grid I just open the left glass A/V compartment door (not the right one since it has gotten in the way of my head! ).
I am thinking about the Weboost or similar... I am replacing the RG6 coming from the Trav’ler and adding two more cables at the same time. I’m still trying to decide who makes the best RG6 to run up there... that would be the ideal time to do the add.

My overhead has an additional thermostatic fan control behind the A/V shelves.
Jeep TJ Toad - LS 5.3 swap in process
Old 06-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4rrx View Post
Are you running the sony headunit to the marantz receiver?
I didn’t connect the HU to the Marantz. Since it is primarily for the pilot/co-pilot, it sounds great f on the two speakers in the ceiling.
Old 06-18-2019

Instead of running an HDMI cable to the rear and outside TVs I use 100' range HDMI transmitter and receiver from NYRIUS bought on Amazon. Works great. Switch the Direct TV remotes to IR to RC and can change the receivers from anywhere in or around the coach. I also hook up to park cable when available and the outside TV can be on cable with the other two on Dir TV unless and until you want Dir TV programing then switch using the wireless HDMI.
Old 06-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Instead of running an HDMI cable to the rear and outside TVs I use 100' range HDMI transmitter and receiver from NYRIUS bought on Amazon. Works great. Switch the Direct TV remotes to IR to RC and can change the receivers from anywhere in or around the coach. I also hook up to park cable when available and the outside TV can be on cable with the other two on Dir TV unless and until you want Dir TV programing then switch using the wireless HDMI.
I will likely do something similar, that’s a great idea. Of course, now that I know how to run wires around the coach, running cables isn’t as bad as I thought it was...