Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

How to use the Forum Features Information on general forum usage and reading/posting messages. also "How To Do It" TUTORIAL Instructions, on using the forum

Site Search:

Old 08-23-2019

Post HELP Compressor Govenor Issues

Hi new owner with a 1991 Wanderlodge BB40 Twin Screw Detroit 8V92 this is a totally different kind of Motorhome we have ever had. And I have never worked on a Bus ever! I'm sure I will have a world of questions overtime and sincerely thank everyone in advance for your experienced contribution. I am looking for some help from those with a 8V92.

My wife and I stopped to have lunch for a couple of hours in the Middle of Nevada about 280 miles from Las Vegas. When returning to the Coach it fired right up but would not register or build any air pressure. Walking around the coach there was no air leaks or hissing. Knowing enough about Big Truck Engines I naturally dived into investigating the issue and started a process of elimination, pulled off the Air Intake Pipe the "Poppit Valves" worked correctly and air sucked into the head as it should indicating the Compressor working. (This test Compressor operation and vacuum) there is a very high probability that the Governor has failed... and here's MY ISSUE
I have been under the coach more times than I can count, I have searched from the bottom and my discovered floor access, I've looked in every compartment and I Cannot find the GovernorHELP[/B][/B]! Yes I have attempted to follow the line but it dips here, joins other clumps of line and it just hasn't happened, I am hoping one of you seasoned experts out there can head this rookie in the right direction... By the way we are still stuck in Middle Nevada. Thanks to All !
Old 08-23-2019

Not sure exactly where the governor is hidden, but another item to consider is the dryer cartridge. Had a member with a similar issue at a recent rally, first thought it was the governor but turned out to be a clogged cartridge. Do you have an auxiliary compressor? You can try to build air using that, or buy one and attach it as a temporary message.
VB 1570
Old 08-23-2019

I believe it is mounted inside the curb side frame rail above the rear axles .
Old 08-23-2019

Welcome to the group Gil. Tell us more about your new coach. Has it been sitting..any recent work. If you have an aux pump, can you build air with it. The governor should be mounted where Dennis pointed
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 08-24-2019
Forum owner

I suspect the air dryer purge valve,and its sure easier to get to than the air Gov.
That air Gov is not something you want to change in a parking lot.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com