Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > First-Timers and Newcomers

First-Timers and Newcomers Are you a first-timer, newcomer, or even a "wannabe"? This is the place to get your questions anwered.

Site Search:

Old 08-28-2019

Thanks Randy and woody
It is a 96 with an 8v92. That info from Woody makes me feel a little better. Just went through the PO’s service records tonight. Always serviced at Holland Motors with an open checkbook. P.O. recently complained about the suspension dump warning light coming on. They said they could not replicate the problem in a test drive so nothing was done.
The shocks are all new and have only 10K miles on them. But they are Monroe magnums. I think I will probably change them out to the Red Konis per Randy’s recommendation. Hoping the trampoline effect will be toned down a bit. Anybody have the part numbers for all shocks on a 96 WB??

Woody
I missed out on your white 94 in Texas a few months ago. Really loved that bus. Couldn’t get there quick enough.

Thanks
Erwin
“LUCKY 27”
Old 08-28-2019
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERWIN O View Post
1996 WB40
Looked at many. Rode in a few. But this is the first time I drove one for any extended period of time on the open road. I have a few questions

Ride Quaity
It floats down the road smooth and straight. When you hit a dip in the road you can definitely feel your are riding on air. But when you hit a big bump or dip like a transition bridge over a culvert on the highway is seemed a little white knuckle highway if you know what I mean. Bus goes down then up, then down then up again. Sometimes one more time as well. Steering held straight but 47,000 lbs on a trampoline was a little scary.

Is That normal? Or is is a worn shock thing?

Suspension dump warning light illuminates when this happens. Then it goes off in a few minutes.

Tempuature questions

Cruising at 60mph, No Toad, 100 degrees out

185 degrees on water temp 215 on oil temp

Pulling the "Grapevine" (50 mph 100 degrees out) from LA CA to Norcal long series of steep grades

water temp 210 oil over the 230 mark maybe 250

have no reference to go on. PO says oil runs at 230 most of the time. Seems hot to me. But oil temp and water temp seem to act perfectly in unison.

Thanks
Erwin
You might want to take a look at the shock mounts (especially the ones for the front axle), several people have reported finding them broken. Also search out and investigate some of the recent the tag axle cracks, shocks and weld problem threads via the Google site search feature. Sounds like it's bouncing enough to make one or both of the suspension pressure switches think the suspension pressure has dropped below 30 psi - that could trigger the suspension light timer.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 08-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERWIN O View Post
1996 WB40
Looked at many. Rode in a few. But this is the first time I drove one for any extended period of time on the open road. I have a few questions

Ride Quaity
It floats down the road smooth and straight. When you hit a dip in the road you can definitely feel your are riding on air. But when you hit a big bump or dip like a transition bridge over a culvert on the highway is seemed a little white knuckle highway if you know what I mean. Bus goes down then up, then down then up again. Sometimes one more time as well. Steering held straight but 47,000 lbs on a trampoline was a little scary.

Is That normal? Or is is a worn shock thing?

Suspension dump warning light illuminates when this happens. Then it goes off in a few minutes.

Tempuature questions

Cruising at 60mph, No Toad, 100 degrees out

185 degrees on water temp 215 on oil temp

Pulling the "Grapevine" (50 mph 100 degrees out) from LA CA to Norcal long series of steep grades

water temp 210 oil over the 230 mark maybe 250

have no reference to go on. PO says oil runs at 230 most of the time. Seems hot to me. But oil temp and water temp seem to act perfectly in unison.

Thanks
Erwin
Water temp @ 210 is at the high end. Normal water temp 180-210. Back off and make sure your big fan is working.
Oil seems okay. Normal temp is 200-250
If it goes over 250 check your oil level.
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4