Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Forum Help

Forum Help Get help here if you're having trouble using the forum

Site Search:

Old 06-22-2008

Randy, since I am new to this site, I am still learning how to get around on it, but one thing still puzzels me.

I always log on and then go to what I have posted to see if there are any replys as I did here. The one thng that I have noticed, is that I do get some replys on what others are talking about in my e-mail in box, but never seem to get mine. Each time I get them, I always open them to see if I can gain some more knowledge about our Bird's. Just like this case, if I had not checked my "Pinion Seal" question, I would not have known that you did post an answer.

Wher am I going wrong ?
[I]1997 WANDERLODGE - 43'[/I]
Old 06-22-2008

you be better off asking John Finn that question

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 06-22-2008

good morning randy

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 06-22-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhardesty View Post
Randy, since I am new to this site, I am still learning how to get around on it, but one thing still puzzels me.

I always log on and then go to what I have posted to see if there are any replys as I did here. The one thng that I have noticed, is that I do get some replys on what others are talking about in my e-mail in box, but never seem to get mine. Each time I get them, I always open them to see if I can gain some more knowledge about our Bird's. Just like this case, if I had not checked my "Pinion Seal" question, I would not have known that you did post an answer.

Wher am I going wrong ?

When you get ready to submit your post be sure to look below the message box and choose what type of Notification you want in the Thread Subscription Notification Type box;

Thread Subscription
Notification Type:
Do not subscribe
No email notification
Instant email notification
Daily email notification
Weekly email notification

You can also go directly to all of your posts by reading this How do I find all of my posts? Frankly the email delivery system of our forum is not the best in the world and I have always encouraged anybody that would listen, to just go directly to the forum and click on New Posts just under the front page header and that way all of the new posts will show up, if you don't get around to it everyday, you can do it this way How do I read messages older than 24 hours?

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-23-2008
Forum owner

since your new here i will tell you that i don't know anything about computers.
and,as stephen has pointed out so nicely John is the brains behind the forums operation.
i paid to get it all set up and i do know a few things about birds and other types of equipment,but without John and the rest of you this site would be a mess!
Thanks go out to John for keeping the site going smoothly,and to stephen for reminding everyone!
hahaaa! Randy

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
since your new here i will tell you that i don't know anything about computers.
and,as stephen has pointed out so nicely John is the brains behind the forums operation.
i paid to get it all set up and i do know a few things about birds and other types of equipment,but without John and the rest of you this site would be a mess!
Thanks go out to John for keeping the site going smoothly,and to stephen for reminding everyone!
hahaaa! Randy
Don't forget our buddy Rob, who has a forum specialty that he just loves to do, but it shall remain a secret, you will have to ask him personally about that.

Rob does his work in the background where he doesn't get much notice, we don't let him come out in the open much, as he tends to scare children and small dogs

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 08-19-2010

John.
In the past, when someone sent me a private message, There was a box that showed up when I logged on to this forum, telling me so.
I also got a reply sent to my regular email.
As of last weekend, this no longer happens. I have to click on a members name to see if there is a reply.
I have not changed any settings on my PC.
Any idea why?
Old 08-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Harvie View Post
John.
In the past, when someone sent me a private message, There was a box that showed up when I logged on to this forum, telling me so.
I also got a reply sent to my regular email.
As of last weekend, this no longer happens. I have to click on a members name to see if there is a reply.
I have not changed any settings on my PC.
Any idea why?
Jim,

Go to your User CP and click on it, when it opens scroll down to and click on Edit Options, check to see that you settings on the right side are set the way that you want them, then scroll to the bottom and click on Save Changes.

You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed this number, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old ones.

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
REMEMBER 9/11