Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 05-19-2010

Default 2 Dash fans

Seeing that we have a FC35RB 1982 I don't think we really need the 28year old radar detector. First I would think it is out dated, and second it would take a **** of a hill to get going fast enough for a ticket. So in the center of windshield where the radar detector is I would like to put one of those dual fans (like Finn has) so me and the passanger can have air. Problem is I can only find single fans, do any of you know where I can order a dual?
Old 05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebeth View Post
Seeing that we have a FC35RB 1982 I don't think we really need the 28year old radar detector. First I would think it is out dated, and second it would take a **** of a hill to get going fast enough for a ticket. So in the center of windshield where the radar detector is I would like to put one of those dual fans (like Finn has) so me and the passanger can have air. Problem is I can only find single fans, do any of you know where I can order a dual?
When I thought about doing the same thing, I thought about the fact I had taken the dash a/c compressor off the engine, but the overhead fans over the dash still worked.
When we need air, we just turn them on.
We have sun visors that we can adjust and direct the air towards us.
Works well.
Old 07-11-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebeth View Post
Seeing that we have a FC35RB 1982 I don't think we really need the 28year old radar detector. First I would think it is out dated, and second it would take a #### of a hill to get going fast enough for a ticket. So in the center of windshield where the radar detector is I would like to put one of those dual fans (like Finn has) so me and the passanger can have air. Problem is I can only find single fans, do any of you know where I can order a dual?
M&J,

I had meant to reply to your thread but forgot, my Twin Fans are actually two individual fans and I had to either turn them on before I sat down or stop and unbuckle the seat belt and get up and turn them on or off, now I have rewired them to a switch closer to me so I can do that while I'm driving. Since I do not have the original vent fan light and cover but a Fantastic fan in its place, that left the switch panel directly above the drivers head for switches for my overhead LED's for the dash, the SHO-ME Flasher and these fans.

They had been previously wired together and then directly from the front overhead compartment 12v buss bar with a inline glass fuse, here is how they are wired now.

I found the 12v wire going to them when I was removing the radar detectors 12v cigarette lighter plug, as I wanted to use that whole to route my antenna wires for the two roof mounted Verizon Aircard Modem and Cellular phone antennas. I had to stand on the doghouse cover and reach back behind the air conditioner parts for the Dash(?) Air to find the wires.

These fans are available at Camping World http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...volt-fan/26211

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 08-28-2010

Did you use the "all metal fans" from Iowa80 or the "Metal Blade" fans from Camping World? What are your thoughts on the ones you chose?

Most positive thing I can say of the current ones is they are (at least) wired into switches next to the drivers console already. Flimsy and useless is a understatement.

I had previously found the CW ones online, just have not made it down to fondle one in person to see if it passes my criteria. Figured before I bought for my mothers coach I might run it by people that may have personal experience.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KRH0404sm.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	6349  

Ken - Austin, Texas -
'94 34' Safari Serengeti sold - Mom remarried @71 and they upgraded to a newer Coach w/Slides

(HDT Coach or BMC & Stacker for me in the future.)
Old 08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird Bob View Post
When I thought about doing the same thing, I thought about the fact I had taken the dash a/c compressor off the engine, but the overhead fans over the dash still worked.
When we need air, we just turn them on.
We have sun visors that we can adjust and direct the air towards us.

Works well.
We do the same
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 08-28-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver View Post
Did you use the "all metal fans" from Iowa80 or the "Metal Blade" fans from Camping World? What are your thoughts on the ones you chose?

Most positive thing I can say of the current ones is they are (at least) wired into switches next to the drivers console already. Flimsy and useless is a understatement.

I had previously found the CW ones online, just have not made it down to fondle one in person to see if it passes my criteria. Figured before I bought for my mothers coach I might run it by people that may have personal experience.

Thanks!

Mine were installed by Blue Bird when the coach was built in late 1981, I don't see a brand on them. They work great when I need them, which now that I have a switch for them close at hand will most likely be more often.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 10-26-2010

A quick update - Went with 2 of the Maradyne 3000 fans. VERY nice quality. I used to build electronics for a living and can clearly tell the difference.

Picts over on the other thread I'd started before I saw this one, mods feel free to combine if you want: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?p=78506

Ken - Austin, Texas -
'94 34' Safari Serengeti sold - Mom remarried @71 and they upgraded to a newer Coach w/Slides

(HDT Coach or BMC & Stacker for me in the future.)