Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Vendors

Vendors Share feedback of your experiences, good or bad, with different vendors you have dealt with.

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010

Default Dupree Dump Valve Paddles by Stephen

Speaking of Dump Valve Paddles...Stephen personally delivered one to me at RATS in fall of 2009...at no extra charge. The valve on my gray tank was difficult to open and even with 120 psi of air pressure, the valve needed a little help to open.

When I asked Stephen about pre-lubing the new valve paddle, he offered to prelube the paddle with that special Silicone Grease (expensive stuff) and placed the paddle in a Zip Lock baggie so I could safely carry it along with my other 'spare parts' and install the paddle at my liesure. Just this past week I swapped out the old paddle with the new one from the 'baggie' and now, that air operated valve will open and close with as little as 30 to 40 psi in the accessory tank. (My FC has an air guage in the dump console).

Bottom line...if you are having sticky, slow, hard to open sewer dump valves, contact Stephen at Dupree Products. http://www.dupreeproducts.com Besides, that sticking paddle may eventually leak or otherwise fail or even become disconnected from the shaft, and then repairing will be more difficult.

Stephen, thanks for the great service!
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 05-11-2010

We have purchased dump valve paddles, a complete dump valve assembly, ceiling strips, etc. from Stephen and always had good service. The complete valve assembly was the wrong one (MY FAULT) and Stephen offered to exchange the valve for the correct part.
I made it work so there was no need to return.

No complaints here.
Cat 3208ATAAC-300
12.5kw Kohler/Yanmar (w/slide)
"Magic carpet made of steel"
Steve Goodman 1970

"You never fail until you stop trying".
Old 05-11-2010

30 years in biz has given me the wisdom to know when a person isn't smart enough to do business with me. Every business owner STILL has a right to draw the line on what he will put up with. I agree we owe Birtles a debt for taking over the product line and keeping difficult/impossible to source parts available for our coaches. I suspect the originator of this tread doesn't understand the problems associated with a small business and hasn't tried to source the termination valve elsewhere. I guess one can always change over to another type of valve, but that seems like a lot of work.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 05-11-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynavion View Post
If it weren't for Stephen rescuing Dupree Products from the previous owner, we probably wouldn't have those valves available.
Just to make things clear, when Randy Dupree owned the business it was a thriving operation, he then sold it to another individual and then after that owner had it for some time it started to decline before Stephen purchased it and rescued it. The second owner is who John is referring to.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 05-11-2010
Timberlake Products Group

Default Truly amazing...

So I guess what ya'll are saying here is Mr. "BuckeyeBird" is all washed up???

Funny how a guy can have a bad enough experience with a supplier and then take the time to cautiously enlighten others of it only to be crucified by those that might benefit from his experience... truly amazing, yes, truly amazing.

Way I see it is... Mr. Birtles had a bad day and let an "attitude" get the best of him. Been there, done that... have you???

I think a straight forward sincere apology should have been presented right from the start on Mr. Birtles part, then we wouldn't be having this exchange in the first place...??

His business did not live up to its obligation as a retailer and Mr."BuckeyeBird" brought that to his attention... Is there some problem with that??

The true tragedy in this whole issue is not only the overwelming "shoring up" of wrong committed by a good person but the idea that this forum would copy and paste glowing remarks ahead of the initial thread... after the fact... in order to make the initial thread poster look bad?? Call it what you want, that action was and is not needed... Shame, **** shame...

2 wrongs just don't make a right... never did... never will

I too, had a bad experience with the PREVIOUS owner of Dupree Products. O'h well...

I too have had a few purchases with Steve, the NEW owner of Dupree Products, and WITHOUT incident I might add... Thanks Steve!

I'll bet Steve is a great guy in person, just like BuckeyeBird is too. Lets not forget that?

Sorry for the kick in the balls you are getting DAN

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup

Last edited by Turbokitty; 05-11-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-11-2010

Bravo Ryan - I believe well stated.

This forum often has postings that tell of the performance of a business that a members has used. This one gets touchy because the business is owned by another, well respected forum member.

My experiences dealing with Stephen leads me to believe that he is a honest, straight forward ( some might say blunt) person. I do not believe he sugar coats things. Almost like he was a seasoned, hardened, railroad engineer. I understand this, as I suffer from the same affliction. Based on my experience directness gets the message through clearly, but on occasion will lead to misunderstandings and hurt feelings based on the perceived "tone" of the conversation.

I think that most peoples testimonials supporting Stephen, were not offered to discredit Dan but to offer a larger view of Stephen. Sort of a group explanation "Sorry your experience was not a good one - Stephen is a good guy, even if he is a little rough around the edges".

I just hope that everyone can "kiss and makeup"
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hohnstein View Post
30 years in biz has given me the wisdom to know when a person isn't smart enough to do business with me. Every business owner STILL has a right to draw the line on what he will put up with. I agree we owe Birtles a debt for taking over the product line and keeping difficult/impossible to source parts available for our coaches. I suspect the originator of this tread doesn't understand the problems associated with a small business and hasn't tried to source the termination valve elsewhere. I guess one can always change over to another type of valve, but that seems like a lot of work.
I am breaking my own promise to not post again.....but this is too much.

I have owned a couple of small businesses and have never treated a customer like I was treated.
What the business owner has to put up with ????

Let's put this in perspective.
I ordered 2 things from this business.
I got an e-mail saying the order was received. Then I got an e-mail that BOTH items had shipped. Period.
I received one of the items, but not the other.
I got on their website and looked up my order. SHIPPED, it says....BOTH items.
I waited 5 days and then called to ask about the item I had not received. I was told that it had not shipped, and that the material would be in on Wed. May 5, and would ship out then. I was OK with that.
On Monday, May 10 I called back to ask about the order, and got nothing but a bunch of attitude from the owner of the business.

At what point was I "not smart enough to do business" with them ?

The answer is I NOW am "smart enough" to not do business with them.

Nuff said.
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 05-11-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

I just got off the phone with Randy he is currently on the road (If you were not aware of it he owns this forum) and we talked about this thread and I suggested that when he got back home that he read what he hadn't already read first thing this morning and then let me know what he wanted me to do with it, his first question was, Is there a full moon today?

So until I hear from Randy, I am closing this thread (NOT DELETING IT) and he will decide what to do with it. You will still be able to read the thread but until a decision is made by Randy the thread is CLOSED to further posts.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 05-11-2010
Forum owner

thank you john fr closing this thread,we are al here to learn about birds,fix birds,and have a beer or coffee with FRIENDS.
Lets all stay friends!
Case closed!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-30-2010

Default NEW telephone Number

We have Changed our telephone numbers
Cell 716 220 1267