Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 11-07-2010
RV Appraiser

I agree with Bill it is most likely the Versa-Valve that is sticking I doubt it is the mixing valve in the shower. I really don't see how that mixer has anything to do with the galley or vanity sinks. I don't think the plumbing loops back to those two sinks. If you're not getting hot water in the kitchen or the bathroom vanity it has to be the Versa-Valve, it will stick half way open to block the hot/cold water flow. Switch the air purge switch several times it may free it up enough to get you water. If not you have to take it apart and soak the parts in CLR or vinegar for a few hours then lube it up and put it back together. Before we took ours out we cleaned & lubed it a few times but it would continue to stick so we just took it out all together. The bad thing about it is you can never predict when it will stick, it usually when you're all soaped up with shampoo in your hair. There is a rebuild kit for it it's a little pricy for what you get, o-rings, $30-40. A new Versa-Valve is about $250 or more.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 11-07-2010

I'll bet it's the cartridge in the moen facet. Pull it out and free it up might fix it but a replacement is best. HD has them for 20 bucks or call moen for a free replacement if you can wait 10 days.
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 11-07-2010

we get ours at home depot no charge

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 11-07-2010
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by atckip View Post
I'll bet it's the cartridge in the moen facet. Pull it out and free it up might fix it but a replacement is best. HD has them for 20 bucks or call moen for a free replacement if you can wait 10 days.

Kip or others educate me please; how does the Moen Mixer Valve affect the hot water side of the kitchen sink? Is it one big loop in the plumbing. Are you guys saying the hot water side goes through the shower to the vanity, to the kitchen sink. I know when my Versa-Valve got stuck for the 20th time we yanked it out with Woody's help and we haven't had a problem since. It makes winterizing a bigger pain but at least we have hot water everywhere when we need it. Unless the water heater is off. Once I had a mixer issue but it was because the bus was not level, we had low water pressure and the mixer had a calcium build up, in that case we were getting luke warm water in the shower. We had hot water available everywhere else. When the versa-valve is sticking you will not get water at all or a low trickle on the hot side.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 11-07-2010

An update on our water issue. We unhooked the water at the campsite, returned to dry camping in our parking lot and all the water is working fine as before. Go figure! It seems that this is an issue for us only when we are hooked up to an outside water source. What sense does that make?
Chuck removed the versa valve earlier this fall and ran the water directly into the heater so I don't think that's an issue. Thanks for all the input/ideas. If anyone has a thought on why we'd have this problem hooked up and not when we dry camp, we'd be interested in hearing them. Thanks again.
Kathy
Old 11-07-2010
Administrator

Clean the water fill Sporlan valve.
Old 11-07-2010
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&Knewbirds View Post
An update on our water issue. We unhooked the water at the campsite, returned to dry camping in our parking lot and all the water is working fine as before. Go figure! It seems that this is an issue for us only when we are hooked up to an outside water source. What sense does that make?
Chuck removed the versa valve earlier this fall and ran the water directly into the heater so I don't think that's an issue. Thanks for all the input/ideas. If anyone has a thought on why we'd have this problem hooked up and not when we dry camp, we'd be interested in hearing them. Thanks again.
Kathy
If you had a Versa-Valve, too much pressure or not enough will cause the Versa-Valve to stick. The Versa-valve is a air hammer driven plunger which is under spring pressure. High city water pressure will force it open, low pump pressue will cause it to stick. If your pump is a good one it will function ok until the spring in the valve gets weak or calicum builds up to cause it to stick. In that case it needs to be cleaned & lubed. If you are full timers and will never winterize or don't mind a little longer in winterizing you can do as I did and remove it completely. We always have hot water and have not had a pressure problem since. Since you pulled the versa-valve it may be the sporlan but if it were the sporlan you would get water anywhere would you?

Last edited by birds_first; 11-07-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: because i'm a dummy
Old 11-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
Clean the water fill Sporlan valve.
We'll give it a try. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2010
Administrator

Chuck & Kathy,

Clean out the tiny hole in the diaphragm
Old 11-08-2010
Gardner

I am leaning towards a sticky check valve since it seems to be OK when using the pump, but not on shore water. On shore water the pressure is likiley higher than when using the pump, and more steady. A higher pressure pushing against the check valve flow might cause it to stick. The slow hot water might indicate the check valve in the hot water system. I don't have a diagram for your coach, but I would expect a check valve on the hot water heater supply side, and possibly one on the output side. Just a guess!

A leaky fill valve would effect all water pressure, not just the hot.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey