Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 10-06-2018

I know, been busy with the car project and exploring my new employment venture of OTR trucking when I retire from slinging trays. I have checked in from time to time but have not done anything to the bus so I have had not much to offer.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 10-22-2018

Ok, we just returned home from our 2nd WOG rally in Pine Mountain...first rally with the bus. This also marked our 6th trip in our bus. I was sad to be coming home....I equate it to being in a dying marriage (Living here in SW FL)...can't wait to leave it all behind.
In any event, we came home with quite a few unwanted guests...freaking ants! How can this be? In all of our trips, staying an a variety of places...we have never had an ant issue. I was doing my best to suck them up in our cordless vac. All the food is off the bus and they didn't bother us at the rally and only became an issue on the journey home. Now what? Got a dead genie and ants.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 10-22-2018

I saw a ton of ant hills over there. I hope you took them all home because I got 222 for next year
Old 10-22-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrl View Post
Ok, we just returned home from our 2nd WOG rally in Pine Mountain...first rally with the bus. This also marked our 6th trip in our bus. I was sad to be coming home....I equate it to being in a dying marriage (Living here in SW FL)...can't wait to leave it all behind.
In any event, we came home with quite a few unwanted guests...freaking ants! How can this be? In all of our trips, staying an a variety of places...we have never had an ant issue. I was doing my best to suck them up in our cordless vac. All the food is off the bus and they didn't bother us at the rally and only became an issue on the journey home. Now what? Got a dead genie and ants.
To keep from getting ants at Pine Mountain I spread ant bate around any place that the coach touches the ground. Power cord, sewer hose, water hose, tires, and hula skirt. I use
Amdro brand bait.

Keirn Rush, Carolyn Rush
and Mike the Wanderdog.
New Bern, North Carolina
keirn@keirnrush.com
252-249-2628
95 BMC 37

Last edited by Keirn and Carolyn; 10-22-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-22-2018

Quote:
You have to understand the ant population in PM. They (the ants) have been well trained in the art of passing by any anti ant stuff and they know exactly how to get in. They also come in the bus and then hide out until you get home. They are a special breed.
214-701-3419 cell. Eastern Time
Hilton Head Island SC
Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort
Old 10-22-2018

Last year I was down by the lake and didn’t see any ants. This year was a very different story. Glad I was not the only one; next year I’ll bring/use Amdro. (Autocorrect had Android)

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 10-22-2018

ants? not a problem. Just part of Pine Mountain WOG Rally. Small price to pay for so much fun. Right?
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 10-22-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
ants? not a problem. Just part of Pine Mountain WOG Rally. Small price to pay for so much fun. Right?
Hear! Hear!

Carmine Pacchino
Ft Myers Beach, FL
'83 PT35
Old 10-22-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
But, they don't pay there fair share. All they do is eat and hide. NOW, if I can get them to do something for me, I would not mind them hitching a ride
Old 10-22-2018
Forum owner

Quote:

I have a very nice Powertech Diesel generator for sale,came out of a 2004 M380,if you want to upgrade.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com