Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > First-Timers and Newcomers

First-Timers and Newcomers Are you a first-timer, newcomer, or even a "wannabe"? This is the place to get your questions anwered.

Site Search:

Old 01-12-2019

Default How to pick up forwarded mail in Quartzite?

Since we are going to be in the Quartzite, Yuma, Patrick area for a while, is there a 'normal' way to have mail/a package sent to a spot where we can collect it? It will have some meds and docs that we need to have and process etc. It will be coming from Canada, and we can have it sent priority by courier.
Old 01-12-2019

Cameron, when we were on the road full time and expecting mail, I would go to the local post office and ask them if they accept such mail. If so, I would have it sent there then go pick it up. I’m not sure, but I don’t think you can do it at all post offices, but it’s been a few years. Hope this helps
F110660
Old 01-12-2019

Meds are very hard to get across the border. With the shutdown I doubt they will get through

. They need to be inspected by the FDA

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 01-12-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

i would normaly expect no or not much delay from Canada. Under normal circumstances, US customs doesnt delay Canadian shipments much. For example, I order Primus solenoids from Dupree Products in Ontario and it reaches me in Seattle three days later. Three days from Dupree Products is normal. The shutdown is a wild card—things could move faster because shutting it down means it is hopeless to catch contraband when the personnel arent paid to do the catching. The other possibility is that your meds will sit unobserved for weeks while a skeleton Customs crew works thru the backlog of customs inspection.

FWIW, you could do what I (uninsured us citizen) do: visit a local walk-in clinic in Yuma, Winterhaven, or Blythe, bring your meds, and ask doc or nurse practitioner to write prescriptions. If it is routine non-patent-protected pills like blood pressure meds, Wal-mart fills them for paltry costs. The border crossing near Yuma at Algodones, Mexico offers you dozens of Mex pharmacies too, maybe yore meds are affordable there?
Full-time in 2019
Old 01-12-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

With post offices, you need to send to an address. So, rent a po box. If Quartzsite says no boxes available? Try Blythe CA or Yuma AZ. The other option is to go to the PO of your choice and register for “General Delivery”. and then have your packages sent to you c/o Your Name, General Delivery, (Your post office and zip code). I’ve used general delivery before i.n less seasonally-populous places. My sense of Quartzsite is, they get thousands of general delivery requests and cant guarantee they all get delivered. Go to Blyfhe or Yuma PO if the Q po cant deliver. Rregister in advance at the post office for General Delivery at their po.
Full-time in 2019
Old 01-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbedinger View Post
i would normaly expect no or not much delay from Canada. Under normal circumstances, US customs doesnt delay Canadian shipments much. For example, I order Primus solenoids from Dupree Products in Ontario and it reaches me in Seattle three days later. Three days from Dupree Products is normal. The shutdown is a wild card—things could move faster because shutting it down means it is hopeless to catch contraband when the personnel arent paid to do the catching. The other possibility is that your meds will sit unobserved for weeks while a skeleton Customs crew works thru the backlog of customs inspection.

FWIW, you could do what I (uninsured us citizen) do: visit a local walk-in clinic in Yuma, Winterhaven, or Blythe, bring your meds, and ask doc or nurse practitioner to write prescriptions. If it is routine non-patent-protected pills like blood pressure meds, Wal-mart fills them for paltry costs. The border crossing near Yuma at Algodones, Mexico offers you dozens of Mex pharmacies too, maybe yore meds are affordable there?
I think you will find Stephen ships from the US side of. Of course things may have changed in the last 6 months. Last I received was several months ago.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 01-13-2019

We managed a park in Quartzsite for 6 years.
Just have the stuff sent General Delivery c/o Quartzsite (forget the zip code).
Be prepared to wait in a Loooog line outside to get in the door.
Go straight in, you will see a wooden door ahead of you. Join in the waiting till they open.
We got meds from Canada just before the shutdown and it took 2 + weeks to get to us here in Washington from Vancouver.
Old 01-13-2019

Ok, thanks Bob. That was using Canada Post and USPS? Any experience with couriers?
Old 01-13-2019
Geek

The one time I needed something sent when in Q I had it sent General Delivery to Blythe to avoid the long Q lines. No registration was required.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 01-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandytoes View Post
Ok, thanks Bob. That was using Canada Post and USPS? Any experience with couriers?
UPS and FedEx delivered to the park.
Doubt they would look for you out in the desert.
They also delivered to the Post Office.

Last edited by Bluebird Bob; 01-14-2019 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Added more