Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 03-31-2019

Default Tire pressure monitors

Hi,
Have been using Tire Minder sensors for the past 12 years and they are starting to give out.
Want to change to new technology or no technology at all.
New systems are out there, but want to hear what others are using, if any, and what brands.
Current systems run around $400 for our bus and a tow car.
Anybody NOT using any system at all?
I know our old system caught 2 leaking tires while driving and saved them.
Any thoughts on new or systems you are using except getting out and putting an air chuck on them at 60 mph to see if leaking?
Old 03-31-2019

Default TST Tire Pressure Monitors

Read this entire multi-page thread - https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=21230

Running TST system as described in posts #42 & #48 on page 5. Have removed the theft guards on all sensors and replaced the batts a couple times over the years. May be new version available but mine still working perfectly.
Old 03-31-2019

I use the Tire Minder TM77 system and it has saved me on a leaking tire as well as a complete failure on the tow dolly last year.

The company is 7 miles from me and the folks are great to deal with, batteries are free once a year and they toss in new seals also.

If your sensors are getting tired, they operate at 433 mhz so you can purchase them elsewhere if needed, but they also can be sent back to TM for service.

Just installed their new high power repeater under to rear of the coach to boost signal from the rear tires of the tow as well as the coach. Will see how that works on next outing.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
Old 03-31-2019

We also use Tire Minder. I think using something is better then nothing.
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
Old 03-31-2019

After my research on these this is the one I intend to order shortly https://tsttruck.com/507-series-6-fl...r-display.html
I’ll have to add 4 more wheel sensors to cover the toad.
Old 03-31-2019

I just read through the post from nogas and I’ll make all my sensors the non flow through type.
Old 03-31-2019

I've never used any system on our bus, but it was for budgetary reasons. Luckily I've never had a flat, but I keep a close check on tire pressure. I use a tire gauge on each tire when I'm home and it's more convenient. On the road, I use a tire thumper every couple of days. The tires are six years old and before starting on the present trip, one inside drive tire was 20 lbs low for the first time. Aired it up and it hasn't read low since. Don't recommend doing without, but it can be done.
"The Aviary"
Old 03-31-2019

I just bought the TST system as well... Was planning on installing it today. I purchased the flow thru sensors, enough to do the bird and trailer. Hope the sensors do not affect the trailer tires too bad. I may have them balanced again with the sensors on.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740

http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 03-31-2019

I like the system for knowing all is good when on the road. I have the TST-507-RV-2S tire pressure sensor system, I just got a new sensor to replace the one I dropped at "Q" this year. They had a deal at the big tent in "Q" to replace the old system with a new one, I was not ready to up grade at that time.
2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler X
See my Album!
Old 03-31-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Read this entire multi-page thread - https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=21230

Running TST system as described in posts #42 & #48 on page 5. Have removed the theft guards on all sensors and replaced the batts a couple times over the years. May be new version available but mine still working perfectly.
Why did you decide to remove the theft guards. I also did the same after replaceing the batteries. I had issues with two senors also after replacing the batteries, they failed. It just became easier to put them on and off without the theft guard for me.

Having a system is much easier than checking tire pressures, which I used to do quite often before hitting the road. Probably saved me hours upon hours one less thing to check, or 10 less(when pulling the towed).