Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > TEST MESSAGES HERE

TEST MESSAGES HERE Here is where you can place TEST MESSAGES, for instance if you want to see if you are getting emails , or how long it takes for them to get to you, or even if you want to see how your Avatar and Signature photos look in a message put those right here.

Site Search:

Old 07-25-2019
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTTU View Post
Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?
As you know I did not have a problem viewing this test picture, since posted..
But today I had a problem, cleared browser and yes the picture is now view-able. More browser internet mysteries. I have great success using Chrome,
HP laptop, Windows 10, and Xfinity/Comcast.
Old 07-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
As you know I did not have a problem viewing this test picture, since posted..
But today I had a problem, cleared browser and yes the picture is now view-able. More browser internet mysteries. I have great success using Chrome,
HP laptop, Windows 10, and Xfinity/Comcast.
Ya, that's some super weird. I figured it was a bit of a long-shot, but it was the only thing that came immediately to mind... and since it'd seemed to have worked for everyone else

Still, seems odd that this browser cache issue has just started cropping up for everyone at about the same time. I'll dig in more and see if there's maybe something new that the browser folks are doing differently that's needing us to change something we're doing.
Old 07-25-2019

The php build of this site is full of update bridges to keep it compatible at some point you may want to replace the procrss files and make it jive with your database structure. Best way is to use a different domain and serverspace with the same provider then drop a database copy on it. Problem is goingto be how images are handed. I would take all the image files then reduce them major. You guys hold huge file sizes.
Old 07-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOC View Post
The php build of this site is full of update bridges to keep it compatible at some point you may want to replace the procrss files and make it jive with your database structure. Best way is to use a different domain and serverspace with the same provider then drop a database copy on it. Problem is goingto be how images are handed. I would take all the image files then reduce them major. You guys hold huge file sizes.
The site is on a pretty old version of VBulletin. We've looked at upgrading to the newer versions, but there's a lot more to it than meets the eye... still it will eventually have to happen I'm sure. There are a ton of pics, but they surprisingly don't really take up much space. 54,201 total pictures taking up just over 9GB of space.
Old 07-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTTU View Post
The site is on a pretty old version of VBulletin. We've looked at upgrading to the newer versions, but there's a lot more to it than meets the eye... still it will eventually have to happen I'm sure. There are a ton of pics, but they surprisingly don't really take up much space. 54,201 total pictures taking up just over 9GB of space.
I'm glad the pic files are a manageable volume because I've found the detail you get in blowing up the pics to full size or larger is often essential to seeing what users are pointing out as the problem/solution. There is no way that I know of to reduce all image files without destroying the essential elements contained in some.

For "non-essential" pics, I always reduce before posting. For detail project files, I adjust them to a resolution where the relevant detail is easily visible.

Jim
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile
Old 07-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexspeed View Post
I'm glad the pic files are a manageable volume because I've found the detail you get in blowing up the pics to full size or larger is often essential to seeing what users are pointing out as the problem/solution. There is no way that I know of to reduce all image files without destroying the essential elements contained in some.

For "non-essential" pics, I always reduce before posting. For detail project files, I adjust them to a resolution where the relevant detail is easily visible.

Jim
I've long been of the opinion hard drive space is cheap and lost detail is irreplaceable... but then I'm one of those weirdos who's kept a copy of every email since 2000.
Old 07-25-2019
Forum owner

Thanks Mark!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-25-2019

The new builds take more room because they hold original, optimized and thumbnail. Optimized is needed for mobile , tablet, desktop ready responsive. Befor doing a update you can reduce images in directories that are not important like rigs forsale if set up that way. And reduce all image files to 2 meg. Cpanel has a tool. One other management method is to teach members how to set their camera to take smaller files.
Or reduce prior to upload.

You do a good job here, the old build require 5 times the management and expense to run.
Old 07-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOC View Post
The new builds take more room because they hold original, optimized and thumbnail. Optimized is needed for mobile , tablet, desktop ready responsive. Befor doing a update you can reduce images in directories that are not important like rigs forsale if set up that way. And reduce all image files to 2 meg. Cpanel has a tool. One other management method is to teach members how to set their camera to take smaller files.
Or reduce prior to upload.

You do a good job here, the old build require 5 times the management and expense to run.
Thanks, I do try
Shameless plug for myself, if anyone ever needs web hosting, email hosting, or a cloud based VoIP phone system hit me up. I can also spin up a complete virtual server for someone if that's all they need/want.
Old 07-25-2019

shameless as well. https://951web.com/ we build collaborative community portals like teacher unions, sports teams ,homeowner associations and intranet (via public address)