Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Highway, Road and Weather Forecast and Radar Conditions

Highway, Road and Weather Forecast and Radar Conditions Sometimes as we travel throughout the country it may help to know what the current Highway, Road and Weather conditions are. Here is a good place to list current conditions and also good and bad roads that you have found in your travels You will also find here links to all of the USA road conditions and Weather Forecast and Radar condition web sites.

Site Search:

Old 09-02-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
thank you Jim. PASS
You can't blame me for trying. I would never have gone through with it anyway. I don't treat friends like that

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 09-03-2019

Y'all remember, if the storm is bad enough the municipal water system (depending on electricity to run) will go down too. Yes, they have backup generators but limited fuel and the storage tanks are not all that big. After Michael came through here on some days we had a trickle out of the tub faucet (lowest in the house). Some days there was no water.

Guess who didn't fill the water tanks in the coach before the storm because

"We've never lost water pressure after a hurricane!"

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 09-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Everybody here is better than family!!
Sure would rather spend time with y'all than mine!
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 98k/22xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 09-03-2019
Forum owner

The Can Man has been getting soaked,hes wearing swim goggles (or maybe beer goggles?)
I think he needs a snorkel and fins..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABBird View Post
I understand that this Bird has survived a “cane” before ...
I am sure many of the Florida wanderlodges have. I have lived near a major east / west road (RT 80) in Fort Myers since the 90s. The first time I remember a major hurricane hitting south Florida was Hurricane Erin. It hit Vero Beach, almost due east of Fort Myers. That was a first for me to see a human exodus of that nature. While I did not know what a Wandelodge was back then, I am sure a few came through. We are the western terminus of 80, so lots of the evacuees will park in the strip malls, restaurant, hospitals, any place they can squeeze in around here.

One time, when my kids were young (and girl scouts), we got food and went around to the hundreds of RVs around here asking if they needed help. Some of the old folks could hardly afford gas to make the trip. We are talking (mainly) camper vans and way old Winnebago’s and the like. Big Class As do come across, but they usually find hotels and campgrounds.

Thank God Dorian turned. Things got worrisome here while it wandered around just north of the Bahamas. We had a trickle of RVs come across 80. We have our coach packed with enough food, water, clothing and fuel to head to the keys or north to the state line north, anyplace but here if another killer hurricane hits.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835

Last edited by ChrisRasman; 09-05-2019 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Fix goof
Old 09-04-2019
Forum owner

I was born in Gainesville Fl and we had hurricanes when i was a kid,never any really bad ones,but i do remember the adults looking at the color of the sky and wondering if we were getting a hurricane.
In our area the TV reception was horrible.
WE had channel 4 from Jax and channel 2 form orlando.
4 was not very good and it was way better than 2.
In bad weather we didn't get much reception at all,so we were blind to any storm news and guess what,i don't think anybody really had a clue on what the storm was doing.
WE sure didn't.
But,being true Florida crackers we always had home canned veggies,put up in Mason and Ball jars,we had cows and pigs and deer and all that stuff.
We would not go hungry.
Oil lamps were always sitting around close by even when there was no storms,power outages were common.

I see on the news today they are saying "do not use candles or open flames for light,use a flashlight",thats funny,people are so dumb they can't use a candle without burning themselves.

Everybody living close by was family and or life long friends,help was there,if needed.

Different times for sure.
My dad was a phone company lineman,he worked all kinds of hours during those storms,but he knew the power company guys,and sometimes the power would come back on at our house before other places got it back.
Good stuff,good memories.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-04-2019

Quote:
I was born in Gainesville Fl and we had hurricanes when i was a kid,never any really bad ones,but i do remember the adults looking at the color of the sky and wondering if we were getting a hurricane.
In our area the TV reception was horrible.
WE had channel 4 from Jax and channel 2 form orlando.
4 was not very good and it was way better than 2.
In bad weather we didn't get much reception at all,so we were blind to any storm news and guess what,i don't think anybody really had a clue on what the storm was doing.
WE sure didn't.
But,being true Florida crackers we always had home canned veggies,put up in Mason and Ball jars,we had cows and pigs and deer and all that stuff.
We would not go hungry.
Oil lamps were always sitting around close by even when there was no storms,power outages were common.

I see on the news today they are saying "do not use candles or open flames for light,use a flashlight",thats funny,people are so dumb they can't use a candle without burning themselves.

Everybody living close by was family and or life long friends,help was there,if needed.

Different times for sure.
My dad was a phone company lineman,he worked all kinds of hours during those storms,but he knew the power company guys,and sometimes the power would come back on at our house before other places got it back.
Good stuff,good memories.
For sure. We know a few crackers who still talk about Donna. Only a few that had radios knew. No TV down here either (back then) you had to be near Tampa or Miami to get anything. A few knew it was coming, most didn't. Wiped out Fort Myers beach and Pine Island. Killed quite a few.

We (my family) have our first generation born in Florida (my grand kids). My understanding is 4 or 5 generations till your a cracker.

Funny though, being a Yankee transplant (like maybe 1/2 of the state now) lots of my northern relatives moved here over the last 50 years. I have cousins up in Titusville and Orlando hunkering down right now from Dorian.

We have candles and old fashion white gas Colemans. I had one when I was a kid and collected a few more. I can't help it some folks are not able to use things like that. I don't want to call names as its been a bad thing on the WOG lately. I will say my mom used to talk about the Darwin list and the stuff people do to 'make' it on it. That is all. Thanks. See you at the WOG.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 09-04-2019

Quote:
The Can Man has been getting soaked,hes wearing swim goggles (or maybe beer goggles?)
I think he needs a snorkel and fins..
Randy I think he actually gets excited ( use your own term) doing his weather reports. Gotta love a guy that loves his job that much !
Austintown,Ohio
Old 09-04-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefixr66 View Post
Randy I think he actually gets excited ( use your own term) doing his weather reports. Gotta love a guy that loves his job that much !
Ohh yeah,hes entertaining!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-04-2019

Went through Betsy(in '65) in N.O., with the in laws. Talk about flooding. Everybody helped everybody else, not like Katrina, but it is a different time frame. At least with this storm, people have a good warning, even if it doesn't hit us directly.
I am thankful that I am retired and don't have work anymore of these.
Katrina was(to me) the straw that broke the camel's back. I retired soon after that. Did and saw too much.