Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:

Old 09-14-2019
Not so Junior anymore

Default Dead generator.

Since the massive work that was done on my generator two years ago it has been running absolutely wonderful. Until the day before yesterday. I had run it two times for about three hours each and it worked great the next day I wanted to do about the same thing and it ran for two hours and just stopped. It did not overheat there was no indications of any particular problem. The generator acts like it just ran out of fuel. When starting it and looking at the exhaust there is no black or white smoke it just shows nothing. One of the checks I made was to simply pull the fuel filter loose and have my wife attempt to start the engine there was no fuel that came around the edges of the fuel filter. I checked the voltage into the fuel pump and it showed 13+ Volts. At the time it quit I had 1/2 of a tank of fuel at this time it is completely full.
I know somewhere on this wonderful sleep I should be able to find a part number for the pump as pictured below. I can see some hand scratches on it that I’m sure is a part number but they are illegible to me.
The part number and any other wonderful ideas you may have will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C077B23B-B70B-4EC0-B2D1-631AC5BA2389.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	64116  
Towed 1986 Suzuki Samurai OR 2014 Jeep jk
Old 09-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkYuma View Post
The part number and any other wonderful ideas you may have will be greatly appreciated.

Facet fuel pump. Auto parts store carry them.
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 09-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkYuma View Post
Since the massive work that was done on my generator two years ago it has been running absolutely wonderful. Until the day before yesterday. I had run it two times for about three hours each and it worked great the next day I wanted to do about the same thing and it ran for two hours and just stopped. It did not overheat there was no indications of any particular problem. The generator acts like it just ran out of fuel. When starting it and looking at the exhaust there is no black or white smoke it just shows nothing. One of the checks I made was to simply pull the fuel filter loose and have my wife attempt to start the engine there was no fuel that came around the edges of the fuel filter. I checked the voltage into the fuel pump and it showed 13+ Volts. At the time it quit I had 1/2 of a tank of fuel at this time it is completely full.
I know somewhere on this wonderful sleep I should be able to find a part number for the pump as pictured below. I can see some hand scratches on it that I’m sure is a part number but they are illegible to me.

JUST run a hot wire to the fuel pump. If it clicks loosen the supply line to the filter. Fuel there? Go to the other side of the filter housing. Fuel there? Get the ideal. Keep checking until no fuel at fitting. That is if the fuel pump works with a hot wire.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 09-14-2019
Not so Junior anymore

Thank you Curt
And thank you as well Rick.
I will try the hot wire trick and if that doesn’t do something I will go find a new pump
Old 09-14-2019
Not so Junior anymore

Well I had to put the part on order. It won’t be until Tuesday morning early. So we are going to just sit tight for a long weekend and try to get out of here Tuesday afternoon.

I did run a hot wire directly to the pump and got absolutely nothing and that was with the fuel filter loose so it should’ve ran full speed at that point. I did run a hot wire directly to the pump and got absolutely nothing and that was with the fuel filter loose so it should’ve ran full speed at that point, unless someone knows something about fuel filters I don’t.
Old 09-14-2019
Administrator

sounds like the fuel pump, but there is a screen filter at the bottom of that fuel pump, probably never cleaned, just twist, turn and wiggle off the bottom cap.
Old 09-14-2019
Not so Junior anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
sounds like the fuel pump, but there is a screen filter at the bottom of that fuel pump, probably never cleaned, just twist, turn and wiggle off the bottom cap.
Thanks Bill I will give that a go. My replacement won’t be in till Tuesday so I’ve got nothing to lose.
It would save me taking the whole darn thing apart as well.
Old 09-15-2019

fix also what caused the resulting muffed pump. I have replaced diesel fuel lines with plastic airline on skidsteers and have had good luck.
Old 09-15-2019
Not so Junior anymore

After looking at things, your recommendation has gone on my to do list for when I get home. Not anything I’m going to do sitting in the middle of the fairgrounds in Moses Lake Washington.
Thanks for the additional work :-)
Old 09-18-2019
Not so Junior anymore

I wanted to wrap up this post. I did get the pump in it was a 33 gallon per hour pump which seemed a bit extreme until I got into actually trying to make things work.
The best recommendation was to run a live 12 V power wire back to the pump which I used to get the pump primed and running fuel. Had I not done so I feel I would’ve crank the poor Kabota to death before I manage to suck fuel back up to the pump. Once I did have fuel spewing around the fuel filter I clamp things down and it fired up immediately.
In the process of checking out the wiring I did find that I had excessive amount of rust and corroded wires in the control box down by the fan, the box that has the run start switch and the generator in and out switches. As part of my maintenance when I get home I’m going to try to clean up all the wiring in this box and re-seal it. It needs it badly.