Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Vehicle Issues

Vehicle Issues Frequently asked questions about vehicles, parts, maintenance, and troubleshooting

Site Search:

Old 07-26-2009

Default King Dome Satelite Receiver Question

I have heard that on an older unit you are better off getting a satelite dish and put it on a stand outside than trying to get these older units to work correctly.
Being this is again a coach with no history I tried to hook up my direct tv receiver from my house to the King Dome with no success. It was hooked up to a hughes net system and a direct TV box before. Since I am not a electronic guru any suggestions and or comments would be greatly appreciated. I did finally get tv by hooking up a converter box to the regular antenae but only 3 stations in my range.
Thanks in advance guys,
"STL CRZY"
Email: slckpurdy@aol.com
Old 07-26-2009

Default King Dome Satellite Receiver...

Steve:

I have been getting flyers from Direct TV (my home satellite provider) advertising some really cheap deals for RV'ers. This of course would be the outside dish with tripod, receiver, and 50' of cable, I think for 29.95 a month. I have not been particularly interested because we are not real TV watchers on the road.

I say this because, the folks at Coachcraft this spring advised that you can plug the satellite cable into the TV jack in the utility compartment of our coaches. Some adjustment of the switching box for the TV system would be necessary. I have been advised by a local tv "guru, that even I could hook it up.

This could be an alternative for you if you are really wanting to get on the "dish". I'm sure you can log on to Direct TV and see the deal on their website.
Old 07-27-2009

Steve,

Go to system setup on your direct tv receiver. Make sure to switch the antenna selection to the single element dish. If you are using a receiver from your home is is most likely set for the three element dish.
Cat 3208ATAAC-300
12.5kw Kohler/Yanmar (w/slide)
"Magic carpet made of steel"
Steve Goodman 1970

"You never fail until you stop trying".
Old 07-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by slckpurdy View Post
I have heard that on an older unit you are better off getting a satelite dish and put it on a stand outside than trying to get these older units to work correctly.
Being this is again a coach with no history I tried to hook up my direct tv receiver from my house to the King Dome with no success. It was hooked up to a hughes net system and a direct TV box before. Since I am not a electronic guru any suggestions and or comments would be greatly appreciated. I did finally get tv by hooking up a converter box to the regular antenae but only 3 stations in my range.
Thanks in advance guys,
I'd contact King Controls http://www.kingcontrols.com/ take with technical support. I found them to be very helpful and generous in the past.
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 07-27-2009

Default King Dome Question

Thanks again to all. Have contacted King Dome to get their input and will check out Direct tv's rv program also. As far as the hooking up to the cable tv box I bet even I can do that. I will followup later with what I come up with for others.
"STL CRZY"
Email: slckpurdy@aol.com