Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 11-05-2011
Forum owner

Hey Michael,while your working around that access plate open it up and take a look where the steel covers the plywood floor,the cut out in the floor is way smaller than the cover plate,i cut the plywood back so the plate just covers the hole.
Working on the engine,alternator and pumps are much easier with the bigger hole.

Thats about all i can help you with!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Hey Michael,while your working around that access plate open it up and take a look where the steel covers the plywood floor,the cut out in the floor is way smaller than the cover plate,i cut the plywood back so the plate just covers the hole.
Working on the engine,alternator and pumps are much easier with the bigger hole.

Thats about all i can help you with!
Thanks for the tip. I know that **** ear makes replacing those belts a little painful.

I also need to replace both the water hoses to the air compressor while I am there, they are original. Will probably pull the compressor and rebuild as well.
Fredericksburg, TX
Old 11-05-2011

Very nice work Michael.

Denny
727 631 3844

1980 FC 33' SB
Old 11-23-2011

Well got back to the shop and completed the bedroom flooring project. Finished the hydronic heater box, the cover below the dresser, and the return cover between the bed and the dresser. Also replaced all the weather strip on the engine cover while I was here.

The one thing I did not get to was replacing the coolant hoses to the air compressor. Will get to that in the coming weeks.

I also updated the shower by replacing the shower head with a shower wand and a slide bar so it works for both jolly green giant and the little misses . Have a new towel bar that still needs to be replaced in the shower as the one that was in there broke, it appears the one before that broke as well by the signs of all the holes in that wall .

Now that the flooring is finally all done, we will get back to replacing the wall paper in the main cabin, the bedroom, and bathroom.

Fredericksburg, TX
Old 11-23-2011

Michael, Very nice work. Thank You for sharing and please keep the pictures flowing.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 04-19-2013

Great project... Any finished photos? We'd like to do a similar upgrade; dinette to bar, curb side couch to desk and new floors! Of course we'll be getting assistance on the projects. Boy, the work work here is amazing. Thanks for all the pics.

Catch up with us on our travels: Cheddar Yeti Travels
Work Life: Motorhome Office Of Design And Technology
Old 04-20-2013

Famous last words, just about finished it all. Now looking to put a forsale sign in it and move on to another coach. Did the wall paper in the living, now need to do the bedroom and bath. That's about all that's left.

Just had the fridge bite the dust, so instead of go back with the AC/Propane fridge, we purchased an apartment size domestic fridge and I have modified the cabinet so it will fit. Now I got to get help to get the old one out of the coach and the new one in.
Fredericksburg, TX