Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > PARTS OR OTHER ITEMS FOR FREE

PARTS OR OTHER ITEMS FOR FREE If you have any parts or other items to give away for FREE or maybe just for the packing and shipping costs, list them here.

Site Search:

Old 03-17-2010

Default Dometic Refrigerator parts - FREE!!!

After having three cooling system failures (leaks) in 9 years, I'm throwing in the towel on Dometic absorption refrigerators. Just ordered a Nova Kool 12 volt compression cycle unit. If anyone has a need for any parts from a RM2810 "classic" refrigerator I will be glad to give them to you. Just pay for shipping or pick up at a rally (Maxton, Vintage Bird Fla Rally, or maybe Rats)
Old 03-17-2010

Hi Jim,

Would you, or anyone else, know if the control panel for the unit you have is the same as on an RM3801. My control panel went our last year. The reefer has reverted to gas operation only and works fine. But I'd like to get a new/used panel.

The panel is located above the freezer door with the control buttons just off center to the right.

If anyone has info on this it would be much appreciated.

Don

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 03-17-2010

What NovaKool model did you choose? Do you have some good links for this type fridge, and best price source? I just put in a Dometic Classic RM2820 last year, so I'm in no hurry to change out. But I'd like to research now for the day when the Dometic dies - I have 300 watts of solar panels and based on that a 12 volt compressor fridge may be a good choice for us. I can add one more 100 watt solar panel with my current controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brookshire View Post
After having three cooling system failures (leaks) in 9 years, I'm throwing in the towel on Dometic absorption refrigerators. Just ordered a Nova Kool 12 volt compression cycle unit. If anyone has a need for any parts from a RM2810 "classic" refrigerator I will be glad to give them to you. Just pay for shipping or pick up at a rally (Maxton, Vintage Bird Fla Rally, or maybe Rats)
Old 03-17-2010

Don -- The control panel on the 2820 also has the buttons on the right of center. Do not know what others it might work with. I have two of them, you are welcome to one to try.

Dan -- I am getting Nova Kool model RFU 8220, 7.3 cu ft with bottom freezer. Best price I could find was from www.buyenergyefficient.com. They just take order and the unit is drop shipped from Nova Kool in Canada. Total price was $1419.55 including shipping and with no sales tax.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2010
ANOTHER REDNECK

i will take it at maxton if still avail~!
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 03-17-2010

I can use the freezer door shelves and the shelves in the freezer if you have them
Fort Pierre SD
Old 03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC7880 View Post
What NovaKool model did you choose? Do you have some good links for this type fridge, and best price source? I just put in a Dometic Classic RM2820 last year, so I'm in no hurry to change out. But I'd like to research now for the day when the Dometic dies - I have 300 watts of solar panels and based on that a 12 volt compressor fridge may be a good choice for us. I can add one more 100 watt solar panel with my current controller.
Dan, Im sure you can find better pricing but here are some choices that are a 12dc - 12dc/120vac drop in replacement for the dometic.

Waeco coolmatic RPD-190
http://www.thermaldynamicssales.com/index.php?products_id=67

Norcold DE0061
http://www.thermaldynamicssales.com/index.php?products_id=31

Nova Kool RFU8000/9000
http://www.thermaldynamicssales.com/index.php?products_id=47

All three use approx 700% (8X) less electricity but are not propane powered. 18.72kwh/ month vs 154.8kwh/month. Great for full timers on battery or shore.

I think all three run the Danfoss compressor which is said to be near silent.

Peace&Love, Darren

Wanderlodge Wannabe
That's "Cheers" the dream coach
Old 03-18-2010

Thanks for the links. I'd be looking for 8 cu ft or bigger, that fits in the same space as the dometic rm2820 with minimal woodworking mods (wood added, not cut out for larger opening). I should have done more research last year when I replaced the fridge, but the old one died, it was hot, and we are fulltimers.

The new fridge we put in "should" last a while, but I might want to research now, pick a unit, and book mark it. Then if my new absorption fridge dies I'll have options to consider.

A compressor driven fridge that works on both 12 volt and 110 volt may be a good deal - then I could travel with the propane valve in the off position. It suprised me how much "juice" the absorption units use when on 110 volt, which is most of the time for us. Between the 160 amp alternator, the 300 watts of solar with ability to add one more 100 watt panel w/o buying a new controller, and the 10KW gen - I may change from absorption to compressor "next time"

Lot's of folks are seeing failures on the absorption units, plus they don't appear to cool as well in hot weather as the compressor driven units, and the money is about the same for the high end 12 volt compressor units. Food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyradawg View Post
Dan, Im sure you can find better pricing but here are some choices that are a 12dc - 12dc/120vac drop in replacement for the dometic.

Waeco coolmatic RPD-190
http://www.thermaldynamicssales.com/index.php?products_id=67

Norcold DE0061
http://www.thermaldynamicssales.com/index.php?products_id=31

Nova Kool RFU8000/9000
http://www.thermaldynamicssales.com/index.php?products_id=47

All three use approx 700% (8X) less electricity but are not propane powered. 18.72kwh/ month vs 154.8kwh/month. Great for full timers on battery or shore.

I think all three run the Danfoss compressor which is said to be near silent.

Peace&Love, Darren
Old 03-19-2010

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the offer of one of the control panels. If not asking to much, would it be possible to get a picture of it e mailed to me. That way I can see if it looks the same before we go thru a lot of trouble.

Thanks,
Don
nowtravelin@aol.com

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler