Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Towbars, Hitches and Braking Systems for your Toads, etc.

Towbars, Hitches and Braking Systems for your Toads, etc. Questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding what equipment to use to tow your Toad with are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 02-09-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaswillemse View Post
That's why as funny as this looks on a car with a 2 cylinder 28HP engine it has a trailer hitch. It beats dragging the dolly around.
And i have seen that view for many miles.
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 02-09-2021
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold,Cat&Sam View Post
We pulled an 18ft Big Tex 70CH over 50,000 miles and sold it with the coach in 2019 . Back in September we were supposed to pick up another coach so we bought a 20ft Big Tex 70CH in Benton Arkansas . The weight limit on it is about 5000lbs , plenty for the Jeep . I wanted the 7700 lbs rated Big Tex 10CH , but couldn't find one and due to shortages they were not taking orders . The dealers told me they were just selling whatever they were lucky enough to get . Eventually we will upgrade . The one we bought is still being stored at a friend's house . We've never even pulled it . Hopefully we pick up our new to us coach March 1st .
I just drove by the Big Tex plant in south Ga.
Acres and acres of new trailers,sitting there.
so i think your dealer may have been trying to sell what he had in stock.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-09-2021

John, all the way to Puerto Penasco, it made it easy to be sure you were following the right vehicle. That was a great trip.
Well Linda just looked at my post and it was the trip to the Desert Bar you followed me, she reminded me that I followed you thru Mexico even if I can't remember the details. They were both good trips.
1966 Citroen "Deux Chevaux" TOAD
1980 FC Sold

Last edited by lucaswillemse; 02-09-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I just drove by the Big Tex plant in south Ga.
Acres and acres of new trailers,sitting there.
so i think your dealer may have been trying to sell what he had in stock.

Do they sell direct, no dealer markup?
"GRIT"
Old 02-09-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaswillemse View Post
John, all the way to Puerto Penasco, it made it easy to be sure you were following the right vehicle. That was a great trip.
I still have a few years to go. Maybe I can squeeze in a mid-life crisis trip?
"GRIT"
Old 02-10-2021

Check out PJ trailers Made here in Texas and reasonably good quality. I can show you a couple of welds underneath that could have been made better but overall I think it’s pretty good quality.

Mine has drive over fenders, brakes on both axles, two spare tire mounts and custom (extra) tie down points. It’s rated to gross 9990 pounds and came with the typical cheap Chinese trailer tires. I immediately bought 4 Goodyear endurance tires to replace those. I do use the Chinese tires for spares but have only had one flat so far. The TPMS paid for itself that day by saving me the cost of a ruined tire.

Like Bobbie said, be prepared to change a flat. A good floor jack is what I carry. I don’t want to crawl under on the hot Texas asphalt to use a hydraulic bottle jack. And I carry my air impact gun and sockets etc.

Carry a tool to tighten the ball on your hitch. And check it occasionally. They do have a way of working loose.

Good chains, a spare tail light bulb or component if it has that type, an assortment of 2x4s etc to act as chocks or for helping with jack placement.

I stopped to help a lady recently with a flat on her gooseneck trailer. She had a small tractor with a front end loader on it. Of course she didn’t have a jack but she did have a good assortment of blocks and boards. First we broke the nuts loose, then we maneuvered back and forth while stacking the boards up till the flat was off the ground. Changed it and we were on our way in just a few minutes. We could have unloaded the tractor and picked it up with the loader but that would have been a lot more work.

Have Fun.
Max.

96 BMC 40' Sold
2008 HaulMark Super C S&S
Freightliner Chassis w/ 515hp S60 & 12sp Ultrashift