Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Intermittent compartment locking

Sometimes after I turn on the 12v master switch the compartment lock and unlock is dead. The rest of the 12v systems work fine. If I then toggle the 12v master switch off and on again, the problem clears itself up.
I looked at the LXI fuse relay docs and they only point me to a circuit breaker and a fuse. Seems to me there must be a relay or 2 involved?
Any Ideas?

Thanks!
2018 Subaru Crosstrek toad
Old 2 Weeks Ago
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjanecke View Post
Sometimes after I turn on the 12v master switch the compartment lock and unlock is dead. The rest of the 12v systems work fine. If I then toggle the 12v master switch off and on again, the problem clears itself up.
I looked at the LXI fuse relay docs and they only point me to a circuit breaker and a fuse. Seems to me there must be a relay or 2 involved?
Any Ideas?

Thanks!
Yours could easily be different but on a 2000 LXi that I worked on, the compartment "lock" and "unlock" relays were mounted upside down in the outside panel below the driver's side window near the daylight running light module. I would also check the lock and unlock rocker switches themselves along with their push on wire connectors.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Thanks John - you’re exactly right - two relays and a circuit breaker for the compartments locks in the outside driver side panel. Next time they’re out I know where to check with the meter!
2018 Subaru Crosstrek toad