Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Vehicle Issues

Vehicle Issues Frequently asked questions about vehicles, parts, maintenance, and troubleshooting

Site Search:

Old 10-12-2013

Default Cummins RoadRelay 4 issues

Stephen, thanks, I'll check the power leads first. The install manual says one is to be hot all the time, another hot when the ignition is switched on and a third hot when the headlights are on.

However, that is not likely to be the only problem. When the RoadRelay (RR) initially powers up, I get the proper intro message but then I get an error message "RoadRelay Data Link Failure". The install manual says this message means something is wrong with the engine electronics, the wiring to the RR or the RR module itself.

I'm not aware of any engine electronics issues, other than my hydraulic fan runs continually regardless of engine temp or AC compressor operation. I doubt these two issues are related.

The challenge will be tracing down the two RR data wires. Any ideas where the originate & terminate in a M380?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Dash Gauges

Some of the dash gauges on my 2004 M380 are not working. The speedometer, odometer, RPM and Volt gauges are working, the rest are not. The yellow wire that runs to the speedometer is showing 31/2 volts. Since all the gauges are connected to the speedometer, I'm not sure how to trouble shoot the issue.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Hey M380 Gearheads – I need your help

I started up my M380 today for the first time since mid-September and noticed something new. The amber low coolant level indicator on the dash was dimly flickering (see first photo) but there was no warning buzzer. I shut down the engine and killed the power to reset everything. I checked the coolant reservoir fluid level and found it properly filled. I disconnected the electrical connector from the sensor attached to the coolant reservoir and the connector on other end of the cable attached to the engine compartment control box. Those contacts plus the ones on the Coolant Level Module inside the Engine Power Enclosure were tight and free of corrosion.The dash indicator was still flickering after I restored the power and restarted the engine to warm it up.

Does anyone know if that sensor on the coolant reservoir seen in the second photo is a fluid level or temperature sensor?

I shutdown for lunch. When I returned and restarted the coach, there was no visible flickering indicator. I am wondering if the engine heat dried out a wet connector. I hate ghosts, gremlins and erratic electrical problems. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coolant Level Indicator.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	59689   Click image for larger version

Name:	Coolant Level Sensor.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	59690  
Old 2 Weeks Ago

if the gauge cluster is attached through a canon plug you might find the problem there, I never believed it could be true. All my dreams came true when I found the faulty cannon plug.
82 FC 33 250 left me for another
Sumner Wa.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

coolant sensor Yes
82 FC 33 250 left me for another
Sumner Wa.