Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:
View Poll Results: Some are having issues with this thread, help us by answering this poll
Close this thread 4 4.49%
Add a moderator to moderate all posts, before allowing it in this thread or moving it to a new one. 6 6.74%
Leave it as it is. 79 88.76%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2014
Resident Rookie

I finally got the Kwikee Super Slide narrowed down by 2 inches and test fitted in the basement ("Mother-in Law Suite"). Making some walls outboard of the slide out tray to stache stuff (shovels, tire tools, etc) without stuff rubbing on the slide out tray. Making the walls for the slide out and lining them with carpet. I am considering cutting lots of 4 inch holes in the plywood walls to reduce some of the weight. Most of the contents will be in plastic storage bins, or the freezer, or a tool box, not much loose stuff!
Argyle, Texas
940-300-5257

FMCA #72567, WL #1986, Vintage Birds # 345,
IBA #11205
Old 08-16-2014

Thumbs up HEY RANDY

Thanks for the cool Awning that KC picked up for me.
Got it mounted and looks COOLER than the other ones I have on my Bird.

Now i"ve just got to change all of them to match the one you sold me. HOHO!!!
1985 PT36'
2014 F150 4X4
Old 08-16-2014
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Thanks for the cool Awning that KC picked up for me.
Got it mounted and looks COOLER than the other ones I have on my Bird.

Now i"ve just got to change all of them to match the one you sold me. HOHO!!!
i have the patio awning,one end has burned,but i bet you can get enough out of it to do the rest of the window awnings.
do you sew?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-16-2014

Appreciate the though

But, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN (yet, awnings)!
That's something I'm gonna have done--when I get there (couple yrs.).

Only my wounds (sewing that is)!
1985 PT36'
2014 F150 4X4
Old 08-16-2014

OK, Since this thread is all over the place. Shane made the connection into the air for me today. I had the line run and tee adaptor ready. Took 15 minutes easiest project I've given Shane in years. So easy I made him change fuel filters for me.

The seat is a Legacy Silver in blue made by Seat Inc and I got it from a local truck parts place mainly because they could get the seat to me in days not weeks or months. Tom Sorrentino used a Sears Trucks seating and I think they are similar (ford vs Chevy). My impression after riding home an hour from Shanes is that the seat is much more supportive the then flexsteel and the air suspension should be a comfort. NOW it does bounce over the bumps and that might not suit everyone. It will take a little getting use to. Price you ask? $750 delivered to my door. I am going to order a bellows to dress it up but that's not a necessity. They ofter a Legacy Gold with a few more bells and whistles for a couple more bills. The blue really matches nicely the blue in my interior and I am going to keep the off white co-polit seat because the MRS is happy with that seat.

On ward and upward to new Zee Dee awnings and perhaps a trip to get HWH work on my levels. Trying to take some of the pressure off of Jeff in his goal to support the BB parts vendors economy single handily.

The old coach is coming along. Can't compete with the big three. Shane, Steve or KC but I am trying to sneak up to the point that I will be allowed in the same part of the camping area.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold

Last edited by bubblerboy64; 08-16-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2014
Forum owner

I agree on the truck seats.
way more support than the movie theater recliners the Birds came with.

By the way John,you can park with me,way down by the railroad tracks if the "big 3" shuns you!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
OK, Since this thread is all over the place. Shane made the connection into the air for me today. I had the line run and tee adaptor ready. Took 15 minutes easiest project I've given Shane in years. So easy I made him change fuel filters for me.

The seat is a Legacy Silver in blue made by Seat Inc and I got it from a local truck parts place mainly because they could get the seat to me in days not weeks or months. Tom Sorrentino used a Sears Trucks seating and I think they are similar (ford vs Chevy). My impression after riding home an hour from Shanes is that the seat is much more supportive the then flexsteel and the air suspension should be a comfort. NOW it does bounce over the bumps and that might not suit everyone. It will take a little getting use to. Price you ask? $750 delivered to my door. I am going to order a bellows to dress it up but that's not a necessity. They ofter a Legacy Gold with a few more bells and whistles for a couple more bills. The blue really matches nicely the blue in my interior and I am going to keep the off white co-polit seat because the MRS is happy with that seat.

On ward and upward to new Zee Dee awnings and perhaps a trip to get HWH work on my levels. Trying to take some of the pressure off of Jeff in is goal to support the BB parts vendors economy single handily.

The old coach is coming along. Can't compete with the big three. Shane, Steve or KC but I am trying to sneak up to the point that I will be allowed in the same part of the camping area.
John, just throwing this out for you to consider. If you take your coach to Stuart's in Elkhart, IN they will fix you jacks. They are an authorized service center and apparently do good work. I know several that have gone there and been happy. Larry Dill was just there a couple of weeks ago and got all fixed up. It could save you about 400 miles worth of fuel. Plus if you have any A/C or fridge issues Leon can take care of those in Shipshewana and of courser there is Bontragers and all the other places around there. Just a thought. We might even be able to arrange a mini rally if the timing is right

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 08-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I agree on the truck seats.
way more support than the movie theater recliners the Birds came with.

By the way John,you can park with me,way down by the railroad tracks if the "big 3" shuns you!

Now theres a offer I'll take you up on. Watching all that polishing and waxing makes a fellow sleepy and hungry. I want to try some of those cheese grits and then a nap.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 08-16-2014
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
Now theres a offer I'll take you up on. Watching all that polishing and waxing makes a fellow sleepy and hungry. I want to try some of those cheese grits and then a nap.
ohhh!!
tonight i had collard greens and cornbread pie,with bacon.
was it ever good!
along with a side of ribs!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-16-2014

John:
Agree on the truck air seats. I have a couple million miles in my Peterbilts. The seats are MUCH better for long days, and you do have to get used to the bouncing they do. The bouncing is good for you, and takes the sharp bumps out of the road. But, it does take some getting used to, if you are using them for the first time! Once you do get used to it, you will REALLY love the seat.

Melvin and Charlene Pierce
Scranton, ND
"Smoke N Mirrors" Royale Conversion
1990 PT40WB