Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 07-04-2008

Default 82 BB FC rear clear parking/backup lights

Hay Guys,
Need some more help if you would? I am attempting to find out why my rear clear lights are not working. I thought the lights came on when I place the bus shifter in reverse.however its not responding. I have no voltage to the rear. I then located a switch on the dash marked parking lights and activated it still no voltage. The switch has a small blue in color bubble light on it,( as all my switches) and it does not light when switch is activated. I am hoping someone can tell me #1, how to check the switch, #2 where the wire goes to so that I can check to see if it has voltage going to the switch.

Guys I also am attempting to find out what the aux.pump switch is for? is it an air pump and what is it for. Thank you for any help you can provide.
D.Dempsey
Old 07-04-2008
Administrator

Try reverse with the ignition key "ON"

Marker or clearance lights are the front and rear around the top of the roof.
Aux Pump should be the coolant pump to help circulate the hot coolant to the chassis heaters. Should have three or four heaters
Old 07-04-2008
Gardner

The rear parking light switch on my '83 has the same problem. I checked and there is no power getting to the switch. There may be a fuse, but so far I haven't found it.

If you turn on the coolant pump, I believe *** the ignition on, and go to the rear you should hear the pump running. I think it is under the coach, but you can hear it from inside near the water heater area.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Last edited by gcyeaw; 07-04-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2008
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

On my 83 FC SB the Aux pump is bolted to the bottom of the floor directly in front of the rear bumper on the driver's side. It is covered with what appears to be a galvanized housing.

This is where I plan to connect the Webasto Thermo 90 for hot water and coach heat.

Here is the plan from the Webasto folks. I need to put the Webasto heater in series with the auxiliary water pump by disconnecting or cutting the aux. pump outlet line, feed it into the Webasto heater inlet port, and connect the Webasto heater outlet port to the "Y fitting" that feeds the heating loop.

Since the 3 heater cores are plumbed in series, I might need to run the aux. pump to get good flow to the front core.

Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 07-04-2008

Default 82 BB fc more questions

Hay Guys,
Thanks Bill Pape, NH Bill and gc yeaw. Thanks for the replies I guess I will be taking the dash apart and hope to trace the wire from the parking light switch. I attempted all the other stuff.

Gc yeaw you must reside close to me, I reside in Delaware.
Anyway thanks again guys.D.Dempsey
Old 07-05-2008

Default 82 BB FC rear clear parking/backup lights

Hay guys,
Does anyone know where the rear parking/Backup lights switch wire goes to from the dash. I have no voltage to the rear clear backup lights and also when I activate the dash switch the small blue light on the switch does not come on. Any help would be great. Thanks D.Dempsey
Old 07-05-2008
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

If you can get your hands on the wiring diagrams (available either here or at another forum) and a toner, tracing the wire will likely be easier.

Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 07-05-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444433 View Post
Hay Guys,
Need some more help if you would? I am attempting to find out why my rear clear lights are not working. I thought the lights came on when I place the bus shifter in reverse.however its not responding. I have no voltage to the rear. I then located a switch on the dash marked parking lights and activated it still no voltage. The switch has a small blue in color bubble light on it,( as all my switches) and it does not light when switch is activated. I am hoping someone can tell me #1, how to check the switch, #2 where the wire goes to so that I can check to see if it has voltage going to the switch.

Guys I also am attempting to find out what the aux.pump switch is for? is it an air pump and what is it for. Thank you for any help you can provide.
D.Dempsey
Don,

It is important that you include along with the year and basic model of your FC, if it is a side bath or a rear bath, as the location of the relays and fuses, can be in different places. the easy way to do this is to make up a signature so that you only do it once and then it can be automatically included in your posts if you want, check out PLEASE ADD YOUR SIGNATURE

Now on my rear bath model, my backup lights are powered through a relay located in the drivers side rear overhead cabinet above the twin bed. I actually added a piezo buzzer to mine, for this reason;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/50381809

This can also be found here on the forum at Lights, LED's, Driving, Modifications > PIEZO BUZZER FOR SECURITY LIGHT SWITCH
How to add a piezo buzzer to your security light switch to remind you that the security lights are turned on.

Being that you own an FC you may want to just take a look at my website at

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Links, Files, Database and Downloads > Links A DESCRIPTIVE PHOTO WEB SITE, OWNED AND EDITED BY JOHN FINN, FOR 'BIRD OWNERS
Copyrighted descriptions and photos of the ongoing restoration, modifications and tips performed on John Finn's 1982 Forward Control 35 foot Rear Bath (FC35RB) model Bluebird Wanderlodge ('BIRD), many of which can be used on any 'Bird. There are a large amount of photos on this "THUMBNAIL" page to choose from, which can take a long time to load depending on your system. Just click on the "THUMBNAIL" of the photo that you want to enlarge, for better viewing. Some articles and photos, from other contributors are edited by John and noted. PLEASE EMAIL JOHN FOR PERMISSION TO COPY THE PHOTOS FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL USE iamflagman@aol.com.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 07-05-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444433 View Post
Hay guys,
Does anyone know where the rear parking/Backup lights switch wire goes to from the dash. I have no voltage to the rear clear backup lights and also when I activate the dash switch the small blue light on the switch does not come on. Any help would be great. Thanks D.Dempsey
Don,

Since you had already basically asked the same question in the thread on the Newcomers sub-forum, I moved those posts over to your new thread, here in the Electrical sub-forum, where our members can add any additional information that they may have.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 07-05-2008

only a test
Clayton,DE.