Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 03-14-2009
Gardner

Default weekend trip

My wife, Kathy, and I left for a visit to a 89 year old gentleman (Cosmo Zizsi) who had been in a CCC camp with her father back in the 30's. Since we were in Pennsylvania near Shane Fideli's home we got together for dinner. John Hecknam and his wife, Ethel, joined Shane, his wife Shelly, myself and my wife, Kathy, for dinner at the local Outback. We had a fine time. On Saturday, after interviewing Cosmo, we joined Shane and John at Shanes house where they were installing an inverter in John's coach. Since we were just watching, we all decided to go out for lunch and were joined by Shane and Johns wives. We had a wonderful time and then went on our way.

Unfortunately, My wife took a tour of John's new '87 PT 36 (Bella Mia). She liked it way too much. So, can a recent modest investment in Ford Motor Company at $1.67/share grow enough to purchase a nice PT 36? Time will tell!!!
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 03-15-2009

Default The weekend

Gardner, That was one nice weekend. Got to spend some time with great people and add to that I got a lot of work accomplished on the BM (Short for Mella Mia and in no way a derogatory reference). Shane really helped me. Well, he more then helped he basically did the work.

I am just so tickled with this PT. Driving home I was thinking to myself just how fortunate I am to be able to have it. It's nothing compared to the many hundreds of thousands of dollar coaches but its still really nice and more then I would have ever dreamed I would have. Ethel appreciates how much quieter and comfortable it is. It's something we can enjoy together. It's great fun to make improvements on and to see projects completed. I keeps me happy and interested. And most importantly it's introduced me to a great group of people. The friends made are more important then all else, so I am glad that you and Kathy had a good and productive weekend as well.

See you in Maxton.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 03-15-2009

FMCA RALLY!
Where is everyone parked? We are at lot H, 4th street. Between the liquid sunshine today, we went looking for people. Seems there are some birds here that have owners that are not aware of the forums, plus some new owners. Maybe, parking spots can be
posted at the info desk. Saw one, late 80's, that was unhooking, with a picture of a WWII fighter, on the rear. Didn't talk much, but was new owner, and not aware of forums. Will try to get back to him.
Old 03-15-2009

Smile

Steve,

I believe you are parked next to my sister and her husband, Ron. They are in an Itasca Horizon parked in section H. He was telling me he is parked next to a Bird. We weren't able to get to the FMCA Rally this year, but will be in Myrtle Beach. Have a great time and I hope the weather cooperates. Please tell my brother-in-law hello for me.

Doug Ralston
'03 M-380
Roswell, GA