Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) > PT and WB Parts List

PT and WB Parts List List your parts here, that are unique to the PT and WB model 'Birds.

Site Search:

Old 12-28-2016

Default Broke Down in NC--Need Rebuilt Differential

I just had this rear end rebuilt at Parliament (or their vendor) four years ago but it started eating itself yesterday. I had hoped that just the seal had pushed out and was causing the metal to metal noise and loss of fluid because very little oil came out when I opened the drain hole. However, once I stuck my finger in the drain hole and moved the giant chunk of metal blocking the hole I had my answer.

[IMG][/IMG]

I finally located a shop near me (I'm in Raeford, NC--next to Fayetteville) that can work on it. Apparently I picked the worst week of the year because the over the road truckers schedule their maintenance for this week while they are home with their families.

Now I need to find a replacement rear end differential. The problem is in finding the right part number that identifies my unit. Here is the page out of the Blue Box that shows part numbers
[IMG][/IMG]

What I REALLY need help with is finding a replacement differential at a reasonable (non-roadside) cost, or at least the correct part number. When I finally got a parts guy on the phone yesterday and started giving them the R-125-NX-8 designation this apparently isn't enough (or I was talking to the wrong person) because he started asking me a lot of questions about number of splines, casing number, etc.

The original rear end was 3:42 but the replacement was 3:55. Either (or anything close) is fine.

Any help with the right part info and where to get one would be greatly appreciated. I have Landoll coming to load up the bus this morning and after its towed to the shop I am hoping to find a reasonably priced rear end in the Raleigh/Fayetteville area that I can pick up today and get installed this weekend.

My phone number is 516 305-2551 and my email address is jim.nichols.s121@gmail.com.
(Previously Pair of Jacks)
Saint Petersburg, FL
Old 12-28-2016

I won't be any help but I am curious; the previous rebuild was due to a failure?
There must be a used rear at a truck/bus yard someplace, I'm sure Randy has one in his collection, but shipping......all my info is about an hour away from me as far as part numbers go.
Hope the day improves for you Jim!
Old 12-28-2016
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Jim, I'm no help either except to say sorry this happened to you.... Especially over the holidays. Sure hope you find what you're looking for.

Any chance the original rebuilder is available and would have records with specific info on your unit?
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 12-28-2016

You might try Weller Truck Parts. I've spoken with them about gear change on our FC. They have reman units in stock. Lots of locations and will ship.
Old 12-28-2016
Forum owner

I don't have one,wish i did!
Lessie and Ed had a blown rearend this summer,it took forever to find parts for some reason.
The shop that did their work found a used rearend,but the ring gear was rust pitted from sitting.
They may still have it,they were in Ga along i-95 somewhere.
Lessie? are you out there?
Joe garner has some pieces,not a complete unit but maybe his parts will help?
Hes way over near Flagstaff..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-28-2016

Jim, try calling 270-684-3698 or 800-232-0222 and ask for Andrew
or Gene at West Side Truck Parts in Owensboro KY as they may have be able to help.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
Old 12-28-2016

Thanks for all the help so far. Wrecker is on the way and once in the shop I will return to hunting for a replacement. I have to think that will all the truck traffic around Raleigh/Fayetteville there is a replacement within driving distance and that could get me back on the road before the long weekend coming up.
(Previously Pair of Jacks)
Saint Petersburg, FL
Old 12-28-2016
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbonich View Post
Thanks for all the help so far. Wrecker is on the way and once in the shop I will return to hunting for a replacement. I have to think that will all the truck traffic around Raleigh/Fayetteville there is a replacement within driving distance and that could get me back on the road before the long weekend coming up.
Have my fingers crossed for you Jim.
Old 12-28-2016

Carolina Auto, Truck, and Coach in Charlotte changed my engine and do a lot of work on old trucks and busses. I think we even met their guy who rebuilds rear ends.

They have a website where you can find contact information.
Jay the owner owned a PT at one time.

Maybe he can help Steer you in the right direction.
96 WB
Valparaiso, In./Baldwin, Mi.
Old 12-28-2016

Having been thru this a couple years ago I recall the confusion about the numbers. Shane who's memory is better (way better) then mine might be of some help. There is a out fit in Philadelphia that had the parts I needed. Mine was not a common item . Wish I could remember more. Call Shane

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold