Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 04-18-2019

Default Cargo Bay heaters

My cargo bay heaters quit working this winter. I checked the voltage on the thermostat in the cargo bay and found only 9 volts. I'm assuming that's not enough voltage to cause the heater fan relays to pick up. Have not been able to find where the problem is. On an unrelated subject (or maybe it is) the auxiliary DC power receptacle in the pax forward bay has no power to it. Also can't figure out where the power is supposed to come from. If anyone has any answers I would be grateful.
I can be reached at dlfezatte@gmail.com.
dlfezatte@gmail.com
1991 WLWB
Old 04-23-2019

I’m confused about your setup. My ‘93 WB has a 110v heater mounted in the upper right corner of the water pump and plumbing bay. I don’t see how a 12v heater could put out very much heat so I’m wondering if your coach has the heated primus fluid circulating via a 12v pump and/or a 12v heat exchanger/fan. I just don’t see how you could heat one bay, much less several) with just 12v for a heat source.

After rereading your post I gather it’s just the thermostat relays that need 12v. I would test that theory by running a long jumper cord from a supply point that shows 13v (or at least 12.6)—even if you attach it directly to your battery bank. 9v May very well be your problem but before tracking down that problem make sure it’s tge actual problem.

I would run both positive and negative leads from a good power source for testing. So many BN problems end up being poor ground/negative.
(Previously Pair of Jacks)
Saint Petersburg, FL

Last edited by jimbonich; 04-23-2019 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Correction