Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 12-03-2009
Coloradobus

IAMFLAGMAN,

I have filled out what YOU have requested from my forgetfullness. The simple PRIVATE email you sent was more than sufficient. The above instructions highlighted in RED, IMHO was overboard.

I will continue my information search about Bluebirds elsewhere, like contact Parliament Coach directly.
Thankyou to those who have helped answer my questions.

Last edited by Coloradobus; 12-03-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
IAMFLAGMAN,
I have filled out what YOU have requested from my forgetfullness. The simple PRIVATE email you sent was more than sufficient. The above instructions highlighted in RED, and embarrassment to me, IMHO was overboard.
I had asked John (aka flagman) about this too, as its can be cumbersome sometimes reading through the archives looking for something and then finding half a page of reminders/reprimands. His response was that not everyone has or reads emails or PMs, but everyone usually goes back to read their posts, so that is why he does it there. I agree that the bolding, coloring, etc does make it seem like you are getting "scolded" like a little child, at least that's how it feels to me. But, I'm on other forums, and they do it there pretty much the same way, maybe not in bold and red, but still as posts on the actual forum. None of this is meant to embarass or upset anyone and not personal for sure, even it if "reads" that way. That's the problem with the digital age, we tend to read emails and make assumptions about the intent. Everyone has their own style.

Please stick around, this is a great group of guys and super knowledgeable on Bluebirds. I'm relatively new and have learned so much I can't imagine having gotten this information anywhere else so readily, happily, correctly, etc.

Happy Holidays!
VB 1570
Old 12-03-2009
Can't re-member

Jim,

Stick around. That is how it is done and is never meant as an embarrassment to anyone but to simply to highlight the proceedure. You are not the first and will not be the last to see the reminder and we all know it takes a litttle bit to learn the ropes of a group you are new to. You will find that this is one of the friendliest, least contentious groups out there......

Quote:
IAMFLAGMAN,

I have filled out what YOU have requested from my forgetfullness. The simple PRIVATE email you sent was more than sufficient. The above instructions highlighted in RED, and embarrassment to me, IMHO was overboard.

I will continue my information search about Bluebirds elsewhere, and contact Parliament Coach directly.
Thankyou to those who have helped answer my questions.

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 12-03-2009
Forum owner

We have to have the signature to keep the spammers in control,nothing personal.
Theres 1300 other members that didnt have a problem with it!
good luck in your search.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-03-2009

Jim:

As a newbie I'd like to toss my 2 cents in. I can say with absolute certainty, that even if when I first logged on I felt the instructional verbage was demeaning, embarrassing,etc. with what I have learned and the wonderful folks I've gotten to know, have offset any of my perceptions. I hope you will reconsider your decision and stay with us. Now without factory support input from each of us is even more valuable!

95 WLWB 40' SOLD!

"RARA AVIS"

Morristown, Tennessee

FMCA #F27720
Old 12-03-2009

I hate to say it and I'll probably regret it but that must be that "PREVOST" mentallity that everyone is always talking about. Truthfully, Jim you won't find a friendlier and more knowledgable bunch that right here
Austintown,Ohio
Old 12-03-2009
Coloradobus

Icefixr66,

"Prevost mentality" hmmm "low blow". I'll ignore that. We don't belong to the Prevost Prouds Club because of that mentality. My tantrum is over. You want politics, then join the Airstream Club, WBCCI. There ,you have a "mentality" to deal with. We know, we are in it, up to our noses. We are in it to hopefully make a difference for the future.

Saying this is how its done, well, a simple email reminding of the rules had been sent, point taken. I went in and corrected my gaf. It was then, surprise, I read the public notification in RED. Its not what was written, but the tone the red ink set.

I am asking these questions for friends (retired lady in her late 60s) who is looking at this 1988 Wanderlodge at South West Coach for themselves, not I.

I have the time, so have taken it upon myself to learn for their benefit. that's all.

Last edited by Coloradobus; 12-03-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2009
Can't re-member

Stick around we may make a Blue Bird convert out of you. Seriously, I know you are researching for someone else but that's no reason not to remain as an active member after your questions are answered especially since there are so many similarities between the two. You wouldn't be the first Prevost owner here.....

Quote:
Icefixr66,

"Prevost mentality" hmmm "low blow". I'll ignore that. We don't belong to the Prevost Prouds Club because of that mentality. My tantrum is over. You want politics, then join the Airstream Club, WBCCI. There ,you have a "mentality" to deal with. We know, we are in it, up to our noses. We are in it to hopefully make a difference for the future.

Saying this is how its done, well, a simple email reminding of the rules had been sent, point taken. I went in and corrected my gaf. It was then, I read the public notification in RED. Its not what was written, but the tone the red ink set.

I am asking these questions for friends (retired lady in her late 60s) who is looking at this 1988 Wanderlodge at South West Coach for themselves, not I.

I have the time, so have taken it upon myself to learn for their benefit. that's all.

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 12-03-2009

Jim Like I said," I'll say but probably regret it",(and I do) I WHOLEHEARTEDLY APPOLOGIZE FOR SAYING IT. I meant no harm or insult to anyone,I have just heard that statement in the past and I candidly thought ( there I go thinking again) that it fit the moment. I have not met any driver/owner of a prevost or any SOB that I did not like or would not help in any given situation. Let's bury this part of the thread and move on to the true purpose of being here
Austintown,Ohio
Old 12-03-2009
Coloradobus

OK, moving right along. Would this vintage of BlueBird, 1988, have a direct drive radiator fan like our coach has. Does the driver need to pay close attention to the pyros and water temp. Or is there a fan clutch??