Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 10-30-2012

Smile 99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

We are making a trip in November to Big Bend National Park. This will be our last planned use of our ever faithful Jeep. Our plan is to replace it with a Honda Element. So, in December of this year, we will have available our 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, bought new in 99. We have less than 100k miles on it, but we are still using it, so exact mileage not available. It has been upgraded numerous ways and now has the following equipment:

PS
PB
A/C
2 piece Bestop Hardtop, with storage rails on back part. This allows switching to open top quickly and easily, and was a $2600 purchase.
K&N Cold Air Performance kit for additional power and mileage
4:10 gears
Trac-Lock locker in rear
ARB Air Locker in front, incl ARB compressor
Insta-Trunk in back, for secured hidden storage
Black Diamond 3" suspension lift
33x12.5x15 BFG tires with most of the tread still left; also upgraded wheels.
48" high lift jack with hood mount
Hoop style grill guard
Sony DVD/stereo with front jack for aux input.
Blue Ox baseplate and permanent tow brake system.
Rear mounted receiver hitch (never towed anything in this; this hitch was for a bicycle rack).
Sway bar disconnects
fold and tumble rear seat.

The jeep will be available after the first of December; it can be viewed and driven in the Round Rock/Austin Texas area. I can take pix if any interest. I will likely trade it before the first of the year. Feel free to email me at inflt48 AT gmail DOT com.

For sale at $10,750.

Pictures available here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1018082...74125810/*****
picasaweb.google.com/101808206456074125810/*****
substitute ***** for the asterisks. Not sure why this is doing that. OK, I figured it out. The name of my jeep is on the prohibited words list for this website. For the asterisks, substitute the following, but take the spaces out, and sorry for the inconvenience. I never meant it to be "dirty", it was a play on the original jeep brand and on the coyote. W i l l y
2010 Honda Element -- "Shadow"

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Last edited by inflt; 10-30-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-30-2012

Picasa link didn't work for me?
VB 1570
Old 10-30-2012

Default the link is fixed now

Sorry for the inconvenience.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Old 10-30-2012

Works now. Geez, what kind of filtering program are we using?!
VB 1570
Old 10-30-2012

Hey Lee, be careful which element you choose. I had a 2003 which was towable. My 2009 isn't towable. From what I can find out, Honda changed transmissions in 2005 and the new transmission doesn't play well with towing.

If you find something different, please let me know as I'd love to use my 2009 for a toad.
Old 10-30-2012

The official word from Honda, that I have found, is that 2005 are the last towable. But if you dig in various RV forums, you will find people towing all years. And Blue Ox makes baseplates for all years, and Remco Towing says (with disclaimer that they are not responsible) that all years are towable without modifications. The deal is that you follow the directions in the manual for years thru 2005, faithfully. So, I am going to take a chance and try it, gambling a transmission that all the research i have done is correct and that Honda changed the manual, probably because they were tired of replacing trannys for people who didn't follow instructions.

But that's my gamble, not telling you you should, just me.

Old 10-30-2012

Mine is a 2009 automatic AWD...I found the towing instructions for a 2005. I'll do a bit more investigating before I pull the trigger. Do you have some links to where you found reference to towing later models of the Element?

Keep me in the loop on how it works out for you.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited by KingBiscuit; 10-30-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-30-2012

according to Honda, none after 2005. According to forums I have read, pretty much ALL, 2wd and Awd, manual and auto, are towable, using CRV or 2005 and earlier instructions.

Old 01-07-2013

Default Did u sell toad. Jeep?

Is the jeep sold?
wwg@mac.com
Toad 2001 Venture
Toad 2006 PT Cruiser Ragtop
Tandem Tow Dolley
Forest River 24 Toy Barn