Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 2 Days Ago

Default Young Innocent Girl Loses Life

I receive ISP news releases daily, about things all across the state. I just got this, this morning. I couldn't help but think about the comments on this thread about the irresponsibility of "idiots" and how they may affect other people's lives. My heart goes out to this girl and especially her family.

Indiana State Police <ISPnews@public.govdelivery.com>
Jan 16, 2019, 6:06 PM (14 hours ago)

Wheel Failure Results in Fatality
Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

INDIANA STATE POLICE
SELLERSBURG DISTRICT
8014 Highway 311
Sellersburg, IN 47172

www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Sgt. Carey Huls
Indiana State Police - Sellersburg
812-246-5424

DATE: January 16,2019

Clarksville - A wheel which came off a vehicle traveling southbound on I-65 resulted in the fatality of a northbound motorist.

The preliminary investigation reveals that at approximately 12:50 pm this afternoon, Peter D. Gaetano, 51, of Covert, Michigan was driving his blue, 2016 GMC pickup truck southbound near the 2.8 mile marker when the rear driver's side wheel came off his vehicle as he was traveling in the third lane of I-65 just north of Eastern Boulevard. After breaking loose from the vehicle, the wheel became airborne, crossing over the concrete median wall and into the northbound lanes of I-65. The wheel collided with a white Chevrolet pick-up truck driven by Olivia Kustes,18, of Rineyville, Kentucky, causing fatal injuries. The pickup truck continued north into the righthand emergency lane and appeared not to be stopping. A commercial vehicle driver, Alvin P. Logan, 45, Chicago, Illinois, realized the vehicle was not stopping and placed his semi-truck in front of the vehicle driven by Kustes and slowly brought it to a stop on the right side of the interstate.

Clarksville City Police units were first to arrive on scene and requested the aid of Indiana State Police crash reconstructionists who are investigating the crash.

The two right-hand lanes of I-65 northbound remained closed until approximately 4:00 pm.

Olivia Kustes was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash by the Clark County Coroner's Office.

The Indiana State Police were assisted by units from the Clarksville Police Department, the Clarksville Fire Department, the Clark County Coroner's Office, and the Indiana Department of Transportation.

All Subjects are Innocent Until and Unless Proven Guilty in a Court of Law

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	59870

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic