Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 04-12-2014

Default Break down and thanks

I know it seems that every Bluebird breakdown is documented in this forum, but i had a two recent experiences which i would like to share.

Two weeks ago, my bus suddenly lost power on Satuday afternoon in fog and rain while on the West Va turnpike heading Back home. Rick Shawver had warned me not to put tools in road side of bus, but i figured i could always get MY bus off the road..... Sure six inches over white line in rain, fog, much traffic. Fix took less than five minutes -immediately found electric fuel pump not running and butt connector at power wire broken. But, no tools. Fixed with a pair of scissors and a paperclip until i could pull over and do a proper job with cold wet electrical tape... So Today, i moved all my tools and safety triangles to curb side of bus. Lesson learned.

I also had an issue with my airdrier, air governor and brakes while in Pigeon Forge. I was able to trouble shoot, make repairs (partially with aid of mobile mechanic) and make it home with significant help from Rick and Randy. I doubt Bluebird itself ever gave this kind of customer service. This forum never ceases to amaze me. So thank you Randy, Rick and WOG.

Yes. I also soldered my fuel pump power.
"SamDotKat"
Old 04-13-2014
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samstu View Post
I know it seems that every Bluebird breakdown is documented in this forum, but i had a two recent experiences which i would like to share.

Two weeks ago, my bus suddenly lost power on Satuday afternoon in fog and rain while on the West Va turnpike heading Back home. Rick Shawver had warned me not to put tools in road side of bus, but i figured i could always get MY bus off the road..... Sure six inches over white line in rain, fog, much traffic. Fix took less than five minutes -immediately found electric fuel pump not running and butt connector at power wire broken. But, no tools. Fixed with a pair of scissors and a paperclip until i could pull over and do a proper job with cold wet electrical tape... So Today, i moved all my tools and safety triangles to curb side of bus. Lesson learned.

I also had an issue with my airdrier, air governor and brakes while in Pigeon Forge. I was able to trouble shoot, make repairs (partially with aid of mobile mechanic) and make it home with significant help from Rick and Randy. I doubt Bluebird itself ever gave this kind of customer service. This forum never ceases to amaze me. So thank you Randy, Rick and WOG.

Yes. I also soldered my fuel pump power.
Good reminder Sam. Always trust WOG info. If for some reason the info is incorrect then some other more knowledgeable members will pop in to correct that misinformation. Trust WOG because for much of the time it will be correct.
Old 04-13-2014
prone to wandering

the forum might be a little quiet today, what with everyone that has their tools on the road side moving them over to the curb side
I learned that lesson long ago, don't ask how
jimdoel@me.com
Old 04-13-2014

Tell us about the air issue and how you fixed it, please. Thanks in advance. Rick in Ohio

1980 FC35, 1961 PD4106 GMC SN:326 Charter member of the Two Bus Club for now
I am in Toledo, Ohio
Rick Gunther
Old 04-13-2014
Forum owner

Sam,i have been wondering what the "fix" was.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-13-2014
Forum owner

Ohh,i also called Diesel Jim,hollywood for tech info,so thanks to jim too.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-13-2014

Several issues
1. Stuck brake was worn and nearly but not quite cammed over. ( mobile mech pulled loose easily). Right rear.

Was told brakes better than 50 percent less then 10k miles ago...

2. Automatic drain valve getting weak and blowing off at 130.

3. Air governer set above 130 (new from o reilly auto parts
While in tenn.)

4. Leaking left rear wheel seal maybe why right brake worn so much?

5. Air leaks in braking circuit

6. Brake light issue was due to bad connection at circuit breaker.

Got it home fine from braking standpoint and my local shop lightened my wallet by a grand to fix above issues. Thanks again.
"SamDotKat"
Old 04-04-2018

Location: Formerly Lincolnville, Maine - Full Time and moving since Jan 2011

Well my issue wasn't so much of a "break down" but THANKS are still in order.

Yesterday I was traveling north from Tallahassee to Perry GA. As I was travelling through Bainbridge I was kind of keeping an eye at the side streets wondering if I would recognize the area where Randy lives. It had been a couple of years since being there and nothing seemed to click.
As I took a sharp right turn, I suddenly heard a loud high pitch noise that sounded like a belt. I pulled over and turned things off within a few yards. My next step was to call Randy for advice. Turns out, that if I had not taken that sharp right turn I would have pulled right u to his house!
I drove up to house (of course now the noise had stopped) and was greeted by Mark Bragdon and Bill Pape. Along with Randy we went over all kinds of things. Kind of like feeling better when you go to the doctor.
Anyway, I do appreciate the fact that I had such highly qualified, pleasant and convenient assistance so close at hand.
To top it off, we made it to Fair Harbor late in the afternoon and a pick up truck pulled up along side of me while I was starting to disconnect. I heard the driver say "I bet I know this guy." I looked up and it was Ed Wimberly just pulling in to drop someone off.

Our thoughts and prayers might go out to Ed today. He told me he was scheduled for rotator cuff surgery (third time) today. I asked if I could help and he suggested polishing his wheels. I think he'll have to settle for thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-04-2018
95 WB 42

LOL. HA HA HA
I have fingers on left hand . Home and on hospital DRUGS.
life is good till they were off

1995 WB 42 Series 60
Perry Georgia
770-548-1441 cell
Old 04-04-2018

Location: Formerly Lincolnville, Maine - Full Time and moving since Jan 2011

Does that mean until the drugs wear off or until the fingers wear off?

Good to see you came home with a sense of humor!