Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-10-2011

Default condensate drain locations

does anyone know where the three air conditioner condensate drain hoses exit the underside of the bus (2001 40' lx)....has anyone experienced these drains plugging up and condensate water dripping out of the front overhead by the trace inverter status panel?
Old 09-10-2011

Kurt:

Can't say for sure on your coach but mine are as follows; Usually a 1/2 " piece of rubber or plastic tubing:

1. Front A/C at the rear of the left front wheel well

2. Middle A/C at the bottom rear of the second street side bay door.

3. Rear A/C at the bottom front of the left drive wheel well.

Yes they do get stopped up, BB used steel connectors in routing the drains through the roof. They sometimes get corroded and have to be replaced.

Like your A/C drains at home, algae can build up in them and stop them up.

Several posts on this topic but it seems the best cure is to blow them out from where they exit onto the ground with compressed air.
Old 09-11-2011

Kurt, the exit locations Tommy referred to are right, however, blowing air through to clear them can cause the hoses to come loose from the fittings. After the RATS rally last year I had my coach in to Coachcraft by McDonald in Columbus to correct the same problem you are having. The fix they used was to remove the ceiling panel and reattach the tubing to the fitting. The original factory installation of the tubing used tubing barely long enough resulting in it eventually working loose from the fitting. I believe McDonalds added a 90 degree fitting in the original tubing and then reinserted the tubing into the fitting. This reduced the strain on the tubing, stopped the leak, and has worked well for me ever since.
Old 09-11-2011

Kurt - That's the same thing I had the BB plant do on mine (before it closed down). The connectors in the ceiling were so corroded water was backing up and falling on the floor via the return vents. Royal's comment is a correct statement about the compressed air - until I had my new a/c' put in in the spring, I would once a year have the folks at Coachcraft blow out my drain tubes. Some things are best left to the experts.