Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 12-30-2019

One more thing... my inverter remove control (Magnum) can limit the AC current draw, say during battery charging, to eliminate tripping breakers. You could likely make that adjustment, too in the remotes.

Adding 50 amps service will be a nice say in the summer where you want to run the ACs in advance of a trip.
So perhaps still worthwhile.

Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 12-30-2019

Doug, et.al - the system (Intellitec) he is referring to is 450 specific, it is the multiplex wiring relay system those coaches used. If something in the Intellitec is drawing excess current, that is a problem, they are known for bad circuitboards. But I suspect it is a battery charging draw that will pass once batteries are up to snuff. Nothing should be drawing 20A continuously while plugged in unless 2 roof airs are on...
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 100k/22xx hours
1987 FC35 TMU/42xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 12-31-2019

Intellitec checks voltage between leg one and leg two . If 240v os found it assumes 50amp plug used and 100 amps avaliable. If it sees 0 volts, the 700ems assumed 30 amps and turns off the big 700 panel and paired led controller. It then allows (up to 29amps) in one 30amp panel and the balance of amp under 30 total into the other panel. Each electric panel has a corresponding energy management led controll panel.

You might want to shut off the slide converter in 30amp panel one.

20 amp light is not automatic, it is a push button choice. The intellitec cant see avaliable amperage it only assumes typical100amps or 30amp , picking 20 amp limit in the 50 amp box does only that box and has no affect on the other two boxes

To limit things to not consume more than 20 Amps shut **** off in the house panel and tell the inverters you are hooked to 20 amps only
Old 12-31-2019

1) First thing, can’t recall if you’ve got one but if not you’ll want a hardwired (Progressive) surge protector. As I’m sure you realize, electric service at storage places and most older RV parks is notorious for low voltage. They always place too many coaches on a line causing brownouts. Let a new RV’er pull in and forget to turn their high watt heater or AC OFF and pop = your batts could end up dead. Your inverters/chargers can help you there too... just set the Chargers LBCO a bit higher (like 12.2). That way if power is out for awhile, at least your 120V inverting will shut down. Your 12v systems will still be drawing but hopefully, it’s not as high a draw or you turned the Master Sw OFF (not sure how it’s done in COLD climates ).

2) I remember a pair of Magnums on yours? If so do as Doug says... set them both at a 15 amp max amp draw, since your use will be light. On the overhead remotes that’s - Setup, 03 Charger Setup, 03A AC Input = XXA - where XX is your max desired draw. If your storage will be 30a with a dog bone, I’d set no more than 15a a side. That Intellitec system is mirrors and magic to most of us!

3) Definitely go with 50a at your place. Why not?

4) A big draw like that is coming from some system which should not be ON. See if you can isolate it by shutting down CB’s one at a time while checking your overhead panel or BMK. Sounds like a resistance heater, perhaps an electric water heater, block heater or bay heater? A $25 Killowatt box can help diagnose use from constant or high draw appliances. But the readings on your Magnum remote BMK can work even better.

5) 20 gal of antifreeze? : Makes me cold just thinking about it!!
Old 12-31-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOC View Post
Intellitec checks voltage between leg one and leg two . If 240v os found it assumes 50amp plug used and 100 amps avaliable. If it sees 0 volts, the 700ems assumed 30 amps and turns off the big 700 panel and paired led controller. It then allows (up to 29amps) in one 30amp panel and the balance of amp under 30 total into the other panel. Each electric panel has a corresponding energy management led controll panel.

You might want to shut off the slide converter in 30amp panel one.

20 amp light is not automatic, it is a push button choice. The intellitec cant see avaliable amperage it only assumes typical100amps or 30amp , picking 20 amp limit in the 50 amp box does only that box and has no affect on the other two boxes

To limit things to not consume more than 20 Amps shut **** off in the house panel and tell the inverters you are hooked to 20 amps only
Really? OMG
Cape Cod,ma
Old 12-31-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
Really? OMG
Hi Crit, the 450 is quite amazing and so far from what I found the only issues are owner assumptions and misguided repairs.

working in my rv club at an event I always get called out by folks in new 500grand rigs to repair something. My first request before I come out to look is: "look deep in a cabinet under a bunch of **** and pull out the owners manual then find the section on operating the appliance in question and also find the troubleshooting section I will need to do a bit of reading befor I speak out."

to correct a reply earlier, the systems in the 450 are robust and industry proven. the multiplex that controls the dc has nothing to do with the energy management system, 20 amp service will keep everything good if you store the bus. Even your pre 1990 model Wanderlodge was the equivalent to a million dollar bus in todays economy. folks buying these were not storing them in a lot some place. most were setup in a garage nicer than my house
Old 01-07-2020

The coach was pulling 20 amps charging after a day of not running the genset. Fridge was running. The inverters we not in float charge mode.I have found inside storage for the BB and am hooked up to 50 amp. The inverters show very little amperage now. Fridge is still running.

I haven't had enough time inside the coach to figure out Intellitec. Been going through the basement tightening all the hose clamps, changing genset oil and filters and the engine is next.
The Intellitec is on 20 amp and the button does not move the setting. /i will be looking into that next Saturday with the manual in hand....or what i have as a manual.

Thank you gentlemen.

Van, yup 22 gallons RV antifreeze. Had to make sure EVERYTHING ran pink. We pulled almost 1.5 gallons through the fridge till I came inside and stuck my finger in the glass and tasted.....antifreeze! Yup the filter was removing the pink! On another note I can do the Alpine with 1.5 gallons not counting what I put down the drains.
I am just starting my apprenticeship. A few years maybe I'll be a journeyman.

Greg, as always thank you for your help.

Tom and Patty
Hannah the "Big Dog"
and Abby the cat.
2005 M450 LXI
Alpine 2000 36 FDS