Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts Wanted

Parts Wanted Need a certain part for your coach? Post it here to see if someone has what you need or knows where you can find it.

Site Search:

Old 11-03-2011

Default Need right side windshield

Just purchased a 93 WB and it has a cracked right side windshield. No problem to get it installed. I am in Cinti area. Anybody know a source?
Bob
Old 11-03-2011
Geek

Based on my experience replacing the right side a couple of months ago I would guess that just about any auto glass place that does RVs can easily come up with it. My insurance company uses Guardian Glass for their RV glass claims, and Guardian gave me a list of companies in the Portland (OR) area that could do the install. They told me that, if it wasn't in stock in Portland, it would take 5 extra days to come out of the Guardian warehouse, which is in Ohio (Columbus, I think), but that turned out not to be a problem as it was indeed in stock at whatever Portland supplier the glass installer used.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 11-03-2011

call a bluebird bus dealer and ask them
CENTRAL STATES BUS SALES, INC.
303 Business Park Drive
Lebanon, TN 37090
Phone: (615) 466-5040
Email this Dealer
Territory: Entire State of Kentucky

INDIANA
MacALLISTER POWER SYSTEMS
2487 E. Main Street
Greenfield, IN 46140
Phone: (317) 462-7500
Email this Dealer
Territory: Entire State of Indiana

CARDINAL BUS SALES AND SERVICE, INC.
6280 Harding Highway
State Route 309 East
Lima, OH 45801
Phone: (419) 225-5552
Email this Dealer

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267 or 905 246 4295
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 11-03-2011
Consistently clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB View Post
Based on my experience replacing the right side a couple of months ago I would guess that just about any auto glass place that does RVs can easily come up with it. My insurance company uses Guardian Glass for their RV glass claims, and Guardian gave me a list of companies in the Portland (OR) area that could do the install. They told me that, if it wasn't in stock in Portland, it would take 5 extra days to come out of the Guardian warehouse, which is in Ohio (Columbus, I think), but that turned out not to be a problem as it was indeed in stock at whatever Portland supplier the glass installer used.
Don, the Ohio warehouse is in Findlay, just south of Toledo.

2040 Production Drive
Findlay, OH 45840
Phone: 800-331-8403

When I was researching options to replace mine (both sides) I was told that Guardian was the original supplier to Bluebird. This proved true for the 90 model but I couldn't say about the 93. They also have a retail shop in Cincy, but might want to charge for crating and shipping from the warehouse. If so it might be worth a drive to Findlay. They quoted me shipping and handling at almost as much as the cost of the windshield.

1990 WB-40 Royal Conversion
GS 810327023 -- FMCA 421581 -- SKP 109591

"[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]"
Walt Kelly, 08/25/1913 - 10/18/1973
Old 11-04-2011
Geek

The windshield's in mine were Guardian, although I have no way of knowing if they are original. Any Guardian windshield should say so down in the lower outside corner, and the part number is there as well.

Cost was not something that I had much to do with, since it was an insurance replacement for which I was responsible for $250. Total billed by the glass place was $608.75. I also had to replace the windshield on my Jeep Liberty, but I had a zero-deductible on that one.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 11-04-2011

My experience with Coach Glass in Eugene, Oregon last month was very good.

Appear to be a perfect replacement for the Guardians, though I chose to do them both to be sure. Mine were pretty rough...easy choice.

My local glass guy got and installed them for $ 370.00 each.
Old 11-04-2011
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by New bird man View Post
Just purchased a 93 WB and it has a cracked right side windshield. No problem to get it installed. I am in Cinti area. Anybody know a source?
Bob
Bob I went through this when I got my WS broke a few months ago. Gardian is it, and they only have a couple of factory shops. however they will ship directly to you of your glass shop. This is the info on my replacment, Hope it helps.

I have had several call me about my WS install. Guess I never posted a resolution.
I had a lot of bad info and a lot of good I will share for future reference.
First, don’t waste your time calling anyone but Guardian. I guess they made the glass originally and they are the only people I talked to that had a clue. Funny thing is the original WS does not have the part number on it anywhere. The new one does. Next, Left hand is the drivers side, Right is the curb side. The Wanderlodge quick reference parts book has the correct numbers and pictures in it, however the pic in the book is looking from the out side toward the front of the ws and does not idnetify which it the right or left, and could be confusing looking from the front. The left is the drivers, Right is the curb!! The only difference in the Wanderlodge number is the addition of a 030 at the beginning as John correctly noted in his post.
John Wyatt had the correct info that got me going with a number of the Guardian in Fl. I call them and they could not ship to me but referred me to, I guess the main office in Findlay, OH.
Phone number is 1-800-331-8403 or 419-396-3520
I talked to Mandy and Ann. They correctly identified the ws from their books, and I think it was the Bus book in which they found it. Anyway there was no doubt it when they found it. They charged me for packaging, about $75, and for shipping about $75, The Ws was a little over $300, and they charged tax to Oklahoma. Total for the Right hand, Drivers Windshield was a little under $500.
“Bim Burt just told me Guardian looks it up under Bluebird, not Wanderlodge.”
As you can see from the shipping and packaging, would be much cheaper to go to a Guardian center that installs, and they will look to see what is nearest you.
Below is the correct info john furnished for I believe WLWB 88 up

NOTE: Those little 189 and 197 numbers are what Guardian needed to order my windshields.

Also from my notes:
Blue Bird Part Numbers:
BB 1280189
BB 1280197

Guardian Auto Glass:
Left Windshield 030-1280189 "My note, drivers side"
Right Windshield 030-1280197 "My note, Curb side"

My contact in Florida last year was "Nancy" at 1-407-647-7007. She knew exactly what I was talking about. If she's still there I bet she can help you.

Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com