Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) > PT and WB Parts List

PT and WB Parts List List your parts here, that are unique to the PT and WB model 'Birds.

Site Search:

Old 03-14-2012

Default Gast auxillary air compressor

Has anyone had their Gast compressor fail to shut off when it reaches its pressure setting? Mine has always built pressure and then shut off automatically. I called Gast tech support today and was told there isn't a pressure regulator on the unit but the coach should have a regulator which would shut it off. Any idea where the pressure regulator would be?
Old 03-14-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Royal,, I am pretty sure mine is mounted on the wall to the right of the compressor, be going over in a while and will look.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 03-14-2012

It should be in the same compartment close to the compressor. This would be a good time to add a water separator if you do not already have one
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 03-15-2012

Royal,

It's the grey box sort of mounted on the wall next to the compressor. It's the one with the small chrome/bright silver acorn nut on top.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 03-15-2012

Default Gast air compressor

Thanks for the info guys. Got it located.
Old 03-15-2012

Hey KC, how about telling us some more about the water separator, brand , location, results? Thanks
www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=168
Old 03-15-2012

Hope I didn't mislead you. It is just a standard air drier with a petcock type bleeder at the bottom. The same thing found on most shop air compressors. They come in a variety of sizes and are readily available at most any auto supply store (even Horrible Freight ). The one I am using is something I had hanging around the shop for years. It's about 3" in diameter and 8" long. I mounted it in the bay with the compressor. Piping was easy. 1/4" plastic DOT air line and push in connectors, the same type you have all over the coach. I carry a small plastic jar for bleeding the unit. Frequency depends on compressor usage and hum-i-tity. I never fail to get moisture out of it. I figure the moisture is better in the jar than the coach air tank
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 03-15-2012

I'm gonna show my ignorance again, perhaps not of the "Fuel Gauge Reset" level however.

I have a big Gast aux. compressor, but doesn't the air from that unit go into my coach suspension, brakes, etc? If it does, then will the coach air tank will not the air dryer, dessicant filter take care of the excess moisture?
Old 03-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Hat Guy View Post
I'm gonna show my ignorance again, perhaps not of the "Fuel Gauge Reset" level however.

I have a big Gast aux. compressor, but doesn't the air from that unit go into my coach suspension, brakes, etc? If it does, then will the coach air tank will not the air dryer, dessicant filter take care of the excess moisture?
Tommy,
The coach air drier is the main drying unit and does in fact remove the moisture before it can get to brakes, suspension, etc.
Taint absolutely necessary to have another one on Gast. Gast feeds the aux/wet tank. I prefer not feeding any more moisture than necessary into the system. I am not 100% sure (someone please correct me if I am wrong) but I believe the air operated dump valves get their air supply from the wet tank before the main air drier. I recently replaced my dump valves and one of the air cylinders was extremely stiff requiring manual assistance to actuate. Once removed it was evident excess moisture was starting to rust and lock up the cylinder. MMO and a few minutes cycling the unit with shop air cured that problem.
I often use the aux air system with blow guns, air tools and for filling tires on bikes etc. I find I have considerably less moisture in the air line when using the additional drier just off the Gast. Again, taint absolutely necessary but like chicken soup - it can't hurt
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 07-24-2012

just noticed my aux air compressor keeps coming on, it does shut off but runs more than I ever hear before, any ideas why???
2001 LX ME 40
2003 Lexus SC 430
2008 F450 Super Duty
2011 Silverado 1500