Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 03-15-2013
Researching and Learning

Default 1986 Bluebird PT40 in Gulfport: 30K Start with 50K Buy It Now on Ebay

I haven't seen this one discussed. It seems like he's done a lot of work. Not sure if he is a member of WOG or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SNOWB...item1e7840e098

Year: 1986
Slide Outs: None
Make: Bluebird
Fuel Type: Diesel
Model: PT40
For Sale By: Private Seller
Length (feet): 40
Leveling Jacks Included?: Yes
Mileage: 77,777
Air Conditioners: 3
Sleeping Capacity: 3
Awnings: Several

Description from ebay auction:

Several years ago I bought this 1986 Bluebird PT-40 Wanderlodge after looking at nearly 20 different units on the market. I paid $55,000 at Holland Motorhome in Grand Haven MI.

It was my "plan" to tour the country with it and eventually find "the spot" and get a permanent winter location to park her.

Well I found the spot ! But it came with a COTTAGE and now I find myself not having a need for the bus ! So now it's time for a new owner.

I believe that I am the third owner. This bus has always been well maintained. It's not one that has been let "sit".

When I bought it I started going thru it and fixing all of the little things that needed repair. I put 8 brand new tires and replaced all the batteries last spring in Michigan.

I've added a top notch KVH TracVision A7 DirecTV satellite TV system ($3500); a really great Xantrex battery charger/inverter/generator operator; a HP touchscreen PC with WiFi system; a brand new DirtDevil central vac system, a new Macerator unit, and a nice Sony Color flatscreen TV.

The bus has a 12kw Kohler diesel genset, a Detroit Diesel pusher plant and all the other bells and whistles that make Bluebird the Cadillac of motorhomes.

This is not a cheap "box" RV. No bothersome corner seams to leak. I intentionally avoided the newer box RVs with slideouts after hearing the horror stories about how they jam and leak after a few years. Bluebird has the reputation it does for a reason.

This bus is fully furnished with dishware and small appliances, lawn chairs and various small parts and wares. The awnings are all in great condition. All A/C works like a champ.

Drive her down from Michigan last fall and she ran like a champ. No oil use. No rattles, thumps, noises, smoke or anything. She had a full "once-over" by a diesel mechanic shop just before leaving and they gave her a clean bill of health.

If you are in the GULF SHORES area and looking for a bus for touring ... or maybe something to use as a winter home (snowbirds) you should come and check this out !

There are a couple of pretty minor things that need some attention, but this is not a "project bus" like many ... it's a rock solid unit ready for a new home.

I have more than the asking price invested and am fairly firm on my price. I can just let it stay where it is and use it as a guest apartment, but it makes more sense for me to pass her along and get something in its spot with a foundation instead of wheels.
Yes .. I know there are some of these out there selling for $20,000. Those usually need $30,000 worth of work (if they're even worth saving). The TIRES are $700 apiece ... This isn't one of those junk buggies. So if you want to buy one on the cheap, there are plenty out there that need a bunch of repair. Have at it. Don't bother offering me peanuts. I'm not desparate and don't need to sell.

Give me a shout with any questions. eMail works best if you want to avoid phone tag. Or you can try your luck at 269.491.2071 afternoons.

I am willing to conder trades or partial trades for ... a smaller RV ... a newer 20-ish foot fishing/recreational boat ... real estate in the Gulf Shores area or in Michigan ... classic cars in excellent condition ... a small tractor ... Airstream campers ... or what have you. I'm open to discuss most any option. Sorry, but I'm not interested in trading her for spouses, Enron stock or lotto tickets ...

We are located on the Fort Morgan peninsula about 10 miles from Gulf Shores, and will have the bus here until April 8th. Then she goes back to Michigan.
Old 03-15-2013
Forum owner

It was for sle down there last year.
Smoker coach,notice the ash tray.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-15-2013

I think he is a member or has access to WOG. A question was ask about this BB being pushed by something and then there was another issue of it not being able to build Air Pressure. Both issues were resolved.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 03-15-2013
Administrator

It was on this forum, just can not find the old thread
Old 03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I think he is a member or has access to WOG. A question was ask about this BB being pushed by something and then there was another issue of it not being able to build Air Pressure. Both issues were resolved.
martyspaulding ?

1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing" FOR SALE
1974 FC31 534 gas engine, air brakes (sold)
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
714 269-6187

Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 03-15-2013
RV Appraiser

By using the "Site" search feature on the forum we will see that this coach is owned by Marty Spaulding of Kalamazoo, Michigan and it has been posted here and discussed a few times. Marty bought a vacation spot and no longer needs his bird. It might make someone a nice ride but as with a few others it may need a little work. Little being realative....
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 03-15-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
It was on this forum, just can not find the old thread

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=15108
Old 03-15-2013

and here http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...d.php?t=15107d
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
TTT
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 03-15-2013
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I like the NO SMOKER, NO PETS ads then you see a picture of two toy poodles and a cigerette buring on the top of a beer can. I saw one of those a year or so ago... Then there was the one were we all knew that the owner smoked cigars all the time; I guess he smoked the type of cigar that went out everytime he ran into his coach
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_