Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:

Old 05-06-2013

Default Perkins - Injection Pump Seal Kit

From the time I brought my Bird home there has been a small diesel fuel leak from the injection pump. There are two control shaft that protrude from the top of the govenor housing. One connects to the fuel start/stop solenoid and the other is for the govenor. This is from where my pump was leaking. It wasn't a huge leak but it sure does leave a nasty stain under the bus.

These two shaft are sealed with a pair of O rings that are on each shaft. Mine had become dried out and didn't seal any more.

For my Perkins 4.108. I got a real seal kit from Oregon Fuel Injection www.o-f-i.com it is Delphi part number 7135-110. It was about $21.00 with $12.00 for shipping. It worked great. There are no more leaks. It is possible to replace these seals with the pump on the engine. It is necessary to remove the exhaust manifold (move to one side), the linkage, 3 injector lines, one glow plug and to drain the coolant from the exhaust heat exchanger. Although I may have been able to get the O-rings from my local hardware store, having the new gasket for the govenor house was necessary.

Tim

Tim Kuhlman
Battle Ground, WA
83 FC35