Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 06-06-2013

Default FC Bathroom booster fan

Hi All! I'm replacing furnace fans and am now in the living room, I've mined the data base but don't see anywhere where anyone describes removing the bathroom booster in an FC for service / replacement mine appears to be under the filler cabinet between the drivers side couch and bathroom, I can feel it with my hand but thought I'd ask and see if there is an easy way to do this?
Old 06-06-2013

Remove the toe kick on the bathroom vanity
thats where it was on my 77

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267 or 905 246 4295
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 06-06-2013
Gardner

I replaced the fan in mine, it was under the cabinet between the couch and the bathroom module. Just tough to reach. The connection to the living room heater is also a tight fit. I have Cruisairs and there is a return vent on my cabinet that makes it easier to get to.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 06-06-2013

Hi Stephen, I'll remove the toe kick but on mine it's only about two inches high
Hi Gardner, Mine is also in that cabinet but seems to be attached, I'll stand on my head and see what I can see : )
Thanks
Old 06-07-2013
Gardner

I ended up having to disconnect the hose from the heater (pull upward to disengage the slide in flange). Then I could pull the blower and hoses out. The bathroom end was just poked into a hole leading under the step in the shower.

I used a quiet (or so they claimed) bilge blower. Sounds like a small jet plane when it runs It also steals 90% of the air flow to the living room. If you find a quieter replacement let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB232135.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	22765  
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Last edited by gcyeaw; 06-07-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-07-2013

Hi Gardner! In reading the other posts it seems the issue was no air to the bathroom. when I look at my setup the path of least resistance is straight out the vent into the living room, with no attempt to balance the air pressure to divert to the bathroom, a zone damper idea would help this, I'll study on it and see what I can come up with. my furnaces have a blade type fan as opposed to the squirrel cage and see a bit loud anyway at least the galley one is, it was the first victim on the list as it had never worked. I'll get the booster out and see what I can do as a retro fit. keep you posted.
Thanks for your help!
Old 06-10-2013

Default Got It!

So.... in my FC I had to remove the filler cabinet between the couch and bathroom wall to get access to the duct booster. The vent in the washroom is a nice place to look in but useless for access.
I learned: removing the furnace makes the job easier, removing the cabinet make the job possible, the cabinet is screwed down at the front edge, you have to dig in the carpet to find the retaining screws and there is one inside at the rear, requires good aim and a long screwdriver. you do not have to remove the slide screws for the couch rail.
My bushings were dry from lack of use the rear one is easy, the one behind the fan I drilled a hole in the case to allow a straw from a spray can to reach in. during testing after I noticed there is a substantial increase in noise from the hole I drilled so I taped it over with tin tape as I was reinstalling.
I think a better way to get heat to the washroom would have been a zone damper fired from the bathroom thermostat that closed to block 75% of the living room outlet there is at least in mine a 3 or so inch joiner duct that would do nicely to house the damper. it would be much easier to service. but then I wouldn't have found the Pristine SP brochure that was in with the junk that had fallen between the cabinet and wall!
Hope this helps someone in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0003.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	22829   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0004.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	22830  
Old 06-10-2013

Want to sell the SP Brochure? I could be a buyer.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 06-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuck View Post
So.... in my FC I had to remove the filler cabinet between the couch and bathroom wall to get access to the duct booster. The vent in the washroom is a nice place to look in but useless for access.
I learned: removing the furnace makes the job easier, removing the cabinet make the job possible, the cabinet is screwed down at the front edge, you have to dig in the carpet to find the retaining screws and there is one inside at the rear, requires good aim and a long screwdriver. you do not have to remove the slide screws for the couch rail.
My bushings were dry from lack of use the rear one is easy, the one behind the fan I drilled a hole in the case to allow a straw from a spray can to reach in. during testing after I noticed there is a substantial increase in noise from the hole I drilled so I taped it over with tin tape as I was reinstalling.
I think a better way to get heat to the washroom would have been a zone damper fired from the bathroom thermostat that closed to block 75% of the living room outlet there is at least in mine a 3 or so inch joiner duct that would do nicely to house the damper. it would be much easier to service. but then I wouldn't have found the Pristine SP brochure that was in with the junk that had fallen between the cabinet and wall!
Hope this helps someone in the future.
A hinge at the base in the front of that cabinet will enable you to just "swing" it out of position when you need to lube that squeally fan again.

A good electric heater in the bath does the job also without making the salon unbearably hot. The original one in my bath was a scary glowing thing. It was replaced with something like these in the 1000 watt version, and was a direct replacement.

http://www.thermalinc.com/comfort/WLI.htm

Turned up on high this heater will keep most of the coach warm, but it requires 120Volts which isn't always available, but usually is.
96 WB
Valparaiso, In./Baldwin, Mi.
Old 06-10-2013

David, the hinge sounds like a great idea, I was hoping this was a semi permanent repair so I'll see how that goes, might put the hinge in anyway. or just build the zone damper and be done with it.

Rick, I can see if I can get it copied if you like, I have some friends in the print business and they should be able to reproduce it pretty much perfectly, I'd scan it but it's really big, like 12 x 12 ish. I'd like to hang on to it as I'm sort of lusting after an SP you can have first dibs if I change my goals : )