Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM

Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM Post your questions or comments here about your favorite campground, RV park, rest area, Walmart or Cracker Barrel parking lot where you like to get your shut eye, or WHERE TO STAY AWAY FROM.

Site Search:

Old 06-24-2019

Default Harvest Hosts Discount Offer

https://harvesthosts.com/
Use the code SUMMER and get 15% off subscription! Promotion ends 6/30

1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 06-25-2019

Its funny this popped up. I subscribed to harvest hosts today (using this code already) in preparation for a trip to Maine next month.
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 06-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4rrx View Post
Its funny this popped up. I subscribed to harvest hosts today (using this code already) in preparation for a trip to Maine next month.
I referred it earlier this morning to someone at WOG looking for an overnight stay. A few hours later I get the offer in my social media feed even though I’m already a member! There is no privacy online!

1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 06-25-2019

I googled their website yesterday and when my wife went online last night that offer popped up. Big brother is watching.
I did see on the website that if you are recommended by a member you get the 15% offer and they get a cash reward. SO if you sign up say you were recommended by Shahin.
Old 06-25-2019

Shahin - can you please offer some comments and photos about your experience with HH?
Ex-PT36
Old 06-25-2019

I'm not Shahin, but I've had awesome luck with them. I feel like they are spreading out too far now and it's going to be ruined in the next couple of years, though.
Old 06-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
I'm not Shahin, but I've had awesome luck with them. I feel like they are spreading out too far now and it's going to be ruined in the next couple of years, though.
Perhaps. There is little coverage density near me, despite having lots of wineries, breweries, farms, golf-courses, etc. nearby.
I guess I'll wait until there is better coverage or when coverage aligns with an upcoming trip.
Thanks,
Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 06-25-2019

I was a member in 2017. It was much cheaper then. I used it one time. It was a good experience but, for me, not worth it. I love museums but found some of the farms and wineries had dirt roads and questionable access. I never booked a farm or winery.
YMMV
Birdless for now.
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 06-25-2019

I've only been to wineries, and most of them were off the beaten path. One was 10 miles down a dirt road in KS. Another was down a dirt road in southern IL. But I'm not afraid of scratches and dust like some of you
Old 06-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
Shahin - can you please offer some comments and photos about your experience with HH?
My experience is limited, we used it twice coming back from Florida to SF Bay Area. Both where nice golf courses, of course no hookups or anything but by the time we arrived everyone was gone and in one case there was another RV on the other side of the parking lot and we basically ran the genny, had dinner, watched a movie and went to bed. Most places request you patronize their business. So we had breakfast which also was very nice at the clubhouse and hit the road. I should say I much prefer the golf course parking over the run of the mill RV parks. And practically is free! If you use it 10 times a year it would come to $7/night.

We are heading to Hood River rally in a next couple of days and DW would like to stop at Lake Shasta, so we think we will stay the night at a golf course there then at Manama campground the following night and then an Air field museum (also part of HH). So two out the three nights on the road will be with HH.

So in short, if you are full timing like we plan to do, it’s great, can’t beat it! If you don’t think you will use it more than two or three times a year then perhaps not the best value for the money.

Sorry for excessive rambling!

1991 PT40WB
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org