Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Highway, Road and Weather Forecast and Radar Conditions

Highway, Road and Weather Forecast and Radar Conditions Sometimes as we travel throughout the country it may help to know what the current Highway, Road and Weather conditions are. Here is a good place to list current conditions and also good and bad roads that you have found in your travels You will also find here links to all of the USA road conditions and Weather Forecast and Radar condition web sites.

Site Search:

Old 08-29-2019

As of now, we are staying put in Lee County aka SWFL. One European prediction has it heading straight for us and others have it going north by a fair margin. I have weathered many a hurricane in my life as a Native South Floridian. I have my emergency supplies ready and will have the bird in a safe location as well as a few extra cars.

Remember, if you are planning to weather the storm, cash is king afterwards, at least until power is restored.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 08-29-2019
Forum owner

Gator Girl,get you butt in that coach and haulass north.
if you stay your a fool.
Speaking of fools,Carol and i are heading for Ga at warp speed.
Anybody that wants to run that far and wait is welcome,bring your own food and water,fill up with fuel.
Gainesville Fl is already having fuel shortages.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-29-2019

Praying for our Brothers and Sisters safety as well as all the Emergency Responders !!!!!
1999 Blue Bird 43LXi
Body # F123448
Chassis # 84788
Old 08-29-2019
Forum owner

My place has been buttoned up for 3months,i think its ready for a blow,but i need to fuel the forklift,the tractor,the chain saws,we plan to be ready.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-29-2019
Forum owner

I am watching the weather channel.
Where do they get these guys?
They are saying to remove all items from your basements.
In florida?
And,they are saying if you have a block party after the storm,to use up your food if the power is off.
we had a block party all right,on the roof...

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-29-2019

Party on the roof....lol
318-553-4186
1994 BMC 37' "Sold"
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1986 F150
KE5WCW
Old 08-29-2019

Default Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Dummy me,i'm running to the storm.
Nobody takes care of your stuff better than you do.
In Co. heading east and south.
Yoo south Fl guys are welcome in Bainbridge Ga at the warehouse too,but that may not be a safe place,keep your eyes open.
Thanks Randy,

Fort Myers here. Just down to the coach running it and checking it over. I have it in a storage facility about a mile away. Going to take it out tomorrow to top it off. Gas stations are running out here already, but the truck stops still got diesel. Got a robo call from American General insurance to move our coach to 'high ground'. Makes me think they won't like it if it is flooded.

I am a (long time) volunteer with the Lee County Emergency Operation Center, ARES communication group. I will be at the 13:00 briefing tomorrow. Word is, we will be standing up the EOC tomorrow evening. All the east coast EOCs are running 24/7 already. I will be covering a shift there as I usually do in a hurricane. The EOC is fairly new and is the strongest building in the county if not the entire SW corner of Florida. Most likely I will take the coach with me. They have a huge wall and I can park it up against it to block some wind. As it is, we are looking at a CAT 1 (by the time it gets here) worse case. That's not a problem in our books.

Its all depending on if we get the American or or the European model. We get the European model its going to be a CAT 1 here. The East Coast is going to get waffled one way or another. Erma got us last time bad.

We flee anywhere , its going to be south, down towards Naples.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 08-29-2019

OK, basement is empty.....lol

Over here in East Lehigh, people are losing their minds, gas stations are runnings out, grocery stores are getting cleaned out, lines are getting long. We are 4 days away from any activity. These people will have used up whatever gas and provisions they have acquired today by then. Not my first rodeo.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 08-29-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrl View Post
OK, basement is empty.....lol

Over here in East Lehigh, people are losing their minds, gas stations are runnings out, grocery stores are getting cleaned out, lines are getting long. We are 4 days away from any activity. These people will have used up whatever gas and provisions they have acquired today by then. Not my first rodeo.
I know. I have been here 25 years. Since Erma I think something like half a million people have moved to Lee. This is the first hurricane many of them have ever seen. Publixs was crazy when I went around 6PM, I went back at 9 and it was empty. I seriously doubt Ill board up for this. worse case is a CAT 1 and even a CAT 2 is not going to do much but knock some trees down. I took down the one I had on the property after Erma that worried me so no biggie.

I am going out at around midnight to gas up my one car that needs it. We might loose power and I have enough gas for a week. Then I have the coach too. I just might squeeze it in my gate and run off the genni if I have to.

Freezing plastic bags of water, filling the milk jugs with water and filling the tub to flush. This is all overkill, but we could loose power and that will be okay. Like you said , this isn't my first rodeo ether. Its the east coasters that must be going crazy. You need anything give me a call 281 two three 52.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 08-29-2019

Now calling for it to come ashore just south of us which is not good as it puts us on the north side. Have put up all the shutters, LP tank is full for the house generator, all vehicles are full of fuel including the coach, which I still need to strap down the airconditioner covers etc.
Been through these for 67 years, and does no good trying to outrun them, as you do not want to get caught on the highway, out of gas, in a traffic jam with no where to hide. Then you have the issue of trying to get back.
Have plenty of things that go bang, so hope we can get through this and still get to WOG 2019.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com