Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts Wanted

Parts Wanted Need a certain part for your coach? Post it here to see if someone has what you need or knows where you can find it.

Site Search:

Old 01-13-2010

Default BlueBird Clock and Altimeter

Does anyone have an extra Clock (the bird clock) and or Altimeter they would like to sell?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2010
Timberlake Products Group

Got the clock... Make offer...

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup
Old 01-13-2010

Hit the radio shop at a local airport and they'll have an Altimeter that is no longer certifiable for flight. Should be real cheap and they all pretty much look the same. I kept one out of my plane that the encoder for the transponder died. I'm going to put it in my Blazer to help match up off road locations on the topo maps. I've found them to be more accurate than the GPS altitude. You can also tell when the weather is changing with one.
Blue Bird Maps 156
Old 01-13-2010

leroy eckert forum member makes the clocks

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267 or 905 246 4295
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 01-13-2010
Forum owner

i have an altimeter out of a bird.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-14-2010

Default Setting the altimeter

I haven't found anything on this in manuals or threads: How exactly do you set the altimeter to use it. The numbers don't seem to make much sense on mine.

95 WLWB 40' SOLD!

"RARA AVIS"

Morristown, Tennessee

FMCA #F27720
Old 01-14-2010
Timberlake Products Group

The altimeters are a bit of a misnomer in that you have to know your local barometric pressure and set the altimeter accordingly in order to get and accurate actual altitude. Or, if you know your local altitude, you can set the altimeter to it and know your barometric pressure... fun, fun!!

Now if you are above 18,000' MSL, you have crossed through "Transition Altitude" which then requires you to set your altimeter to 29.92 HG regardless of your actual altitude... In order to get to this altitude you probably would have changed out the CAT 3208TA to a TPE731 or something?

My actual altitude sitting in the drive is... 9' MSL (mean sea level). Depending on the actual barometric pressure, my altitude can vary from -150' to 250' MSL without ever moving, how cool is that, go for a trip and never leave the yard!!

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup

Last edited by Turbokitty; 01-14-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2010
Gardner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altimeter

The little window is set to the current pressure at sea level adjusted for local pressure. Where you get that is likley somewhere on the internet.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Last edited by gcyeaw; 01-14-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2010

Default BlueBird Clock and Altimeter

You can access WunderWeather site on internet and look for aviation weather, it should give you the barometric pressure at the location where you might be. Calibrate the and adjust the barometric pressure for your location by turning the knob that moves the numbers in the little window on the side of the altimeter to the numbers that match your current barometric pressure. For instance my MSL at my home nest is 1100 feet MSL. If my barometric pressure is say 29.9, I turn the knob until 29.9 shows in the little window. You have then adjusted your "take-off" location altitute to the current pressure.

Your altimeter would go up or down as you travel. If you really want to do it like the pilots do, you check the barometric pressure before you get to the place where you are going to stop. The next morning you check it again and adjust.

I think I got that right all you aviators out there - its been 20 years since I have been in the left seat of an airplane.

Now, if you really want to impress your friends, look up FAA weather in the phone book for your location and you will find a number for ATIS (Automatic Traffic Information System) Its an automated message system that will give you altitude, temperature, barometric pressure, visibility, runways in use, VFR or IFR information and a lot of other stuff that is interesting but only important to aviators at the nearest Air Traffic Controlled Airport. (Right y'all - at least thats the way I remember it).
Old 01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Hat Guy View Post
You can access WunderWeather site on internet and look for aviation weather, it should give you the barometric pressure at the location where you might be. Calibrate the and adjust the barometric pressure for your location by turning the knob that moves the numbers in the little window on the side of the altimeter to the numbers that match your current barometric pressure. For instance my MSL at my home nest is 1100 feet MSL. If my barometric pressure is say 29.9, I turn the knob until 29.9 shows in the little window. You have then adjusted your "take-off" location altitute to the current pressure.

Your altimeter would go up or down as you travel. If you really want to do it like the pilots do, you check the barometric pressure before you get to the place where you are going to stop. The next morning you check it again and adjust.

I think I got that right all you aviators out there - its been 20 years since I have been in the left seat of an airplane.

Now, if you really want to impress your friends, look up FAA weather in the phone book for your location and you will find a number for ATIS (Automatic Traffic Information System) Its an automated message system that will give you altitude, temperature, barometric pressure, visibility, runways in use, VFR or IFR information and a lot of other stuff that is interesting but only important to aviators at the nearest Air Traffic Controlled Airport. (Right y'all - at least thats the way I remember it).

All of ya'll are pretty correct regarding the altimeter. As I recall that little window is the Kollsman window that is used to adjust the altimiter. You use that to get density altitude adjusted for temperature. That number is used to tell a pilot how long a runway needs to be get off the ground. Now, I have never figured out why an altimeter is in the bus. It ain't taking off to go airborne anytime soon. Talking points I guess. The ECM feeds the fuel irrespective of the altimeter. As for frequency of setting the altimeter, a pilot sets the altimeter frequently when changing center or approach control frequencies. Otherwise your reported altitude on the controllers readout will be incorrect.
Ole multi engine instrument rated pilot hanging here. Haven't flow in 15 years.

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker