Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 03-19-2010

Default New Inverters and Battery Installation

We have received all the parts to do the dual inverter and battery installation. We were waiting for the custom designed battery and inverter box to be welded and powder coated. It arrived today and it is an absolute work of art. It should be a beautiful installation when it is done. Every square inch of available space of the battery bay is being utilized by the box. It will contain three 2 volt batteries along with two Outback inverters and misc. items including exhaust fan to dissipate internal heat. The other three 2 volt batteries will occupy the space that the three original starting batteries were located. The coach batteries will be the starting batteries.

So, assembly starts tomorrow. Prep work has already been done including re-routing the fuel line to make more space available for the box. An access hatch was designed into the box to be able to access the small pump of the primus system. I am not sure exactly what part of the primus system that pump serves. Anyone know? I was thinking ahead in the design of the box in case access to the pump is needed. The whole box can be unbolted and removed (with forklift) if extensive access is needed.

I can't wait to see how it turns out. I go to work for a week starting tomorrow so it should be done by the time I get back. Erika says she will try to take pictures during various stages of assembly so we can all see the process. Here is a photo gallery of the prep work in the bay as well as the box ready to be installed.

http://gallery.me.com/jerrykessler#100551
1992 Ford F250 4x4 Toad
Old 03-19-2010

Jerry, since you have all the batteries out and can see back there, it is a great time to check those cables for any chafing. There have been quite a few meltdowns/fires in this area.
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Ekberg View Post
Jerry, since you have all the batteries out and can see back there, it is a great time to check those cables for any chafing. There have been quite a few meltdowns/fires in this area.
We have been looking over the wires for any chafing because of the recent fires. We are also taking measures to have a catastrophic fuse to the batteries in case of a short. The AGM battery bank that we will have would put out a massive amount of energy if a short happened.

Can anyone chime in on what Primus zone the electric water pump serves that is dead center in the back of the battery bay? There is another electric water pump with a Y after the pump that is directly beneath the Primus canisters. That is the one that seems to run regularly.
1992 Ford F250 4x4 Toad
Old 03-19-2010

I think you find that the one that runs regularly is coach heat and the one that runs sporadically or in your hot climate case not at all is the engine heat

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267 or 905 246 4295
Please use email or telephone to contact