Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 09-30-2010

Thumbs up WE'RE NOT WORTHY • Well Kept 1987 FC35 For Sale "No longer available "

Well, our experiment into Wanderlodge ownership has not worked out as well as I had hoped. We are not of the caliber that can appreciate these lovely beasts (we're not worthy).

As some of you may recall, I purchased a cupcake FC35 from a forum member earlier this year to satisfy my Wanderlodge itch. The itch is now scratched and I am ready to pass the bus on to the next owner.

I recognize that this thread is worthless without photos, and I am working getting those, as well as writing up a complete description. Many of you may know this 'Bird from the former owner; nothing has changed since then, besides 400 miles on the clock and the name on the title.

I will post up my brochure and photos as soon as complete (the bus gets detailed this weekend). For now, here are some specs

1987 Wanderlodge FC35 #2027
• 117759 miles on Cat 3208-300. 2891 engine hours
• 1370 Onan generator hours.
• Burgeoning overfull Bluebox.
• Formerly owned by meticulous retired firefighter.
• New Michelins, newish batteries.
• Very very clean well-kept example of a classic Bird
• $35,000.
• Much more complete description forthcoming.
• What doesn't work is dash air, hand-crank bathroom vent, icemaker is included but not installed.
• Call me at (8O5) 44O-443O.

Some of you know this coach better than I do. Please feel free to chime in what you know, and let's get this sold together!

Last edited by Esmi; 10-01-2010 at 12:35 AM. Reason: forgot contact info
Old 09-30-2010
cap'nron

I "wander" if I am ??
I have P.M'ed you
Old 09-30-2010
Got One

Wow Esmi...Why are you doing this? What happened? As a wannabe/gonnabe, I'd like to know what discouraged you with your new found BB. 400 miles of use sure isn't a fair evaluation of things if you've had a couple of issues with the coach. I've been putting/saving money for almost a year now, so I'm getting closer to making my cash purchase for my very first Wanderlodge so I'm interested in hearing what you have to say.
Old 09-30-2010

Throw some pictures up. I'm not fully committed on one just yet.
Old 09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelo View Post
Throw some pictures up. I'm not fully committed on one just yet.
Thanks for your interest. I anticipate having pictures available in a couple of days.

Quote:
Hoagie says: Wow Esmi...Why are you doing this? What happened? As a wannabe/gonnabe, I'd like to know what discouraged you with your new found BB.
Hi Hoagie, I float in and out of vehicles with alarming regularity. It's one of my many flaws.

My problem with the Wanderlodge is that I am still working, and will continue to do so for a lot more years. And the vehicle is really "too much" for occassional weekend use.

By way of example: the wife and kids went on an impromptu camping party at a nearby state park earlier this month. And they didn't take the Wanderlodge because it was just too much trouble for a brief trip.

By way of example #2: I recently bombed up to Bend Oregon to visit a friend for a couple days. And I didn't take the Wanderlodge because it was just too much everything for a fast trip.

This is the type of car travel we do, and will continue to do, and it doesn't really fit with the RV style.

Also: My bus is cherry. It has been babied. It has spent its past in an enclosed shop with a clean concrete floor. It has received lime green Onan filters when the generator is serviced, and yellow/black Cat filters when the motor is serviced, etc. Whereas, I am a piker, and the bus now lives in my dusty ranch yard, and will receive only white Fleetgard filters for subsequent servicing. It deserves better than me.

All that aside, the Wanderlodge runs perfect (though slow), and is a dream to sleep and camp in.

EDIT: Duh. Forgot to mention my phone number is (8O5) 44O-443O.

Last edited by Esmi; 09-30-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: see text
Old 09-30-2010
cmillsap

All "Wannabes" should take note.

Although Wanderlodges take more care and preparation, all motorhomes require some preparation before starting on a trip. You cannot just jump in and take off anytime you want without some preparation. On the other hand, I guess you can, if you're not concerned about the safety of your family and yourself or the dependable operation of your RV.

I wouldn't want to disuade anyone from enjoying the pleasure of owning and using a motorhome, especially a Wanderlodge, but anyone considering a purchase would do well to consider that along with the fun comes some necessary chores.

Chuck
Old 09-30-2010

Sorry to hear you’re selling! It’s true that these or any other large motor homes are not for everyone. You never know till you try, that’s for sure.

As the former owner of the coach I would be happy to help answer any questions…I love that coach. I’m currently on a trip to Utah and may not have access to the internet at all times so it might be best to call my cell. (831) 801-9229
Old 09-30-2010

Not disuaded in the least. I purchaced my Wanderlodge and drove it the first time for 900 miles the first 200 miles the front air ride went out and it was truely like a carnival ride with out the seat belt..... It (seat belt)tried to cut me in half! The only thing I could hold onto was the steering wheel...
It was truley funny for the first 100 miles...Then it started working after it saw I was no longer amused...mmmmmmm a name FOR the BB PUCK!? FR..MIDSUMMERS NIGHT DREAM the trixter..mmm

Then it was the steering all along, the wanderlodge was living up to the name and wandering whenever it hit the minute ist ripple in the road... Then the wind started helping the road.....
GOT PULLED OVER BY 2 TROOPERS twice couldnt see the tags and 1 thought I might be drunk! wind.
After I got home I had my truck mechanic go over it and found the front right berring had burned with PPO and they ground the race off..screwed up the spindle. the wheel had 1/2-3/4 slop in it!

Had it welded and turned good as new. $1300 later, also new tires lots of various fluids....

I am still a happy camper... Half the fun is doing stuff to it so you can go out and try it!

I will be installing a hospital bed (electric) for my wife as she has some special needs. HOPEFULLY after it is all fixed up and stuff we can go fulltiming! At least the view would change for her, instead of the four walls in the bedroom!

You know those birds where the male builds a nest and then shows it off to his prospective female...then she decides if its good enough....

those wouldn't be bluebirds would they?

How Ironic....
Old 10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Britton View Post
Sorry to hear you’re selling! It’s true that these or any other large motor homes are not for everyone. You never know till you try, that’s for sure.

As the former owner of the coach I would be happy to help answer any questions…I love that coach. I’m currently on a trip to Utah and may not have access to the internet at all times so it might be best to call my cell. (831) 801-9229
I was hoping you'd chime in, Rob, and I'm glad you did.

Robert looked after this Wanderlodge for a number of years, and knows WAAAAY more about it than I ever will.
Old 10-01-2010
Campground Owner

The way to do the quick weekend trip is to alway have it ready to go. We keep the standard supplies loaded all the time. Clothes, food, beer, etc. Then when you want to go somewhere, you stop for the lunch meat, or ribs, or whatever. You load the special stuff for the boat, or the skies, or whatever, and you go. We use ours on many weekends. I have logged 58 individual trips since Feb of 07, many just 100 miles.
www.xcreekrv.com
35°31'08.6"N 83°03'38.8"W