Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 04-27-2019

Dang it, Thats not the news we were hoping to hear. Thanks for the update. We will keep George in our prayers for sure
1999 Blue Bird 43LXi
Body # F123448
Chassis # 84788
Old 04-27-2019

I saw George today. i needed to get something out of our bus, which is at his house. He's in good spirits. Not sure about surgery - he talks more about radiation, etc. The tumor is huge - squamous cell carcinoma which, as I understand is a type of skin cancer. Cure rates are good.

I don't think he would mind me saying this, but his delays are financially driven. George has no insurance. The hospital is working on a grant, or something that will help, but I don't like the delay this is causing.

He seems to think that he will hear something this week.

In the meantime, if you can, contribute to the fund. He is a good man who works his butt off to keep these old birds rolling.
Old 05-05-2019

Update on George Morris:
I talk with George a few times a week. Had a nice conversation with him last night. His spirits are high. But obviously he's anxious to get this under control.

He finally got his appointment for a full body MRI to see if the cancer has spread elsewhere. That is scheduled for May 17th. Then they will determine what course of treatment they will persue. In the mean time the tumor continues to grow as seen in the picture he sent me last night. The tumor is now twice the size it was a month ago. We can only pray that they get treatment started in time for him to beat this thing.

I hate to bring this up, but donations have pretty well dried up at this point. At least on Go Fund Me. So I have a simple special request on behalf of of George. If anyone knows how to put a request for help on other social media, please consider doing this. (I'm simply not computer savy enough.)

I know a number of George's friends have donated directly to George. And obviously George and his family are extremely grateful for all everyone has done. But if anyone still wants do donate directly to George, is address is below.

In any case, let's all keep George and his family in prayer that he beats this thing.

George Morris
3065 Moseley Rd
Byron, GA 31008
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	George Morris (2).jpg
Views:	182
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	61803  

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 05-05-2019

Another quick update:

I neglected to put a way to donate to George via PayPal.

It can be done at dog2005@windstream.net

This is Georges email address.

thanks

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 05-12-2019

Location: Formerly Lincolnville, Maine - Full Time and moving since Jan 2011

Thanks for the update Don. I've been travelling and haven't had the opportunity to be back on WOG for a week or so. Glad to see someone is keeping in touch with George and able to give us an update.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on the 17th. Please tell George my thoughts are with him.
Old 05-18-2019

Default update on George

I had almost an hour long talk with George yesterday. Here's an update.

He went for his full body MRI scan yesterday in Atlanta. He will not have the results for a few days. The results will show if the cancer has spread to other parts of his body. This will determine what treatment they start him on.

In the mean time, George cannot sleep laying down. He has to sleep in a chair because laying down causes the tumor to move across his wind pipe and he cannot breath. Obviously not good. That tumor keeps getting bigger and bigger. Hopefully they start treatment soon.

George is well aware of the damage chemotherapy and radiation does to ones body. He is looking at holistic and natural ways of dealing with this as well. But they have to get a handle on the depth and severity of his situation before starting treatment.

Though George's spirits are high, I could hear in his voice his concern and his determination to beat this. Fortunately he has a good loving family to support him. And of course lot's of friends in the RV community.

Donations to help George have slowed to a small trickle. So at this point I ask that everyone continue to keep George in prayer.

More to follow when George gets the results of his MRI.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler

Last edited by Randy Dupree; 05-18-2019 at 11:49 AM. Reason: politics
Old 05-18-2019

Need to starve that tumor of blood supply....radiation will do that. Holistic great approach to promote the body to heal thyself. But when the tumor is rapidly multiplying in cell count/ size need drastic focused measures to shrink / arrest growth.
Craig.haedrich@hotmail.com
717 743-8764
“In a time of deceit, telling the truth becomes revolutionary “
Old 05-18-2019

Hi Craig,
That's exactly what George is hoping to do. If the can get it shrinking with radiation, perhaps some holistic treatments will help finish it off.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 05-23-2019
Forum owner

The report is back.
The cancer is in Georges neck only at this time,it has not spread into his body.
They are debating the next move.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-23-2019

Talked with George for a while last night.

Like Randy said, MRI showed cancer has spread to the other side of his neck.
But not to other parts of his body. So that is relatively good news. Problem is, he needs to lay down for his radiation treatments. When he does this, the tumors cut off his wind pipe and he cannot breath. So they need to do a tracheotomy to allow him to breath during treatments. He will be undergoing treatments in the neighborhood of 5 weeks or more, 5 days a week.

As far as eating goes, they may also have to insert a feeding tube. They will determine this after doing swallow tests.

George was is as good a spirits as could be expected. But I could tell by his voice he's obviously in emotional turmoil. He's IS determined to beat this cancer. So let's all keep George and his family in prayer.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler