Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Care and Upkeep

Care and Upkeep Let's face it, it has to be done. Have questions of what to do or how to do it, this is the place to talk about it.

Site Search:

Old 02-01-2020

Another option, I painted a red stripe on floor centerline front to back. I then stick a wood pole in receiver long enough that I can see it in rear camera. Back in with eyes on camera following line. Keeps it dead center. I have a 12' wide door which seems like a good minimum.
You do have a nice sturdy garage.

Dale Cash
Kimball, MI
1997 WB43
djcash59@gmail
Old 02-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRasman View Post
Gee Randy, that's the nicest thing you have ever said to me lol. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bugslove.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	66115  
Old 02-01-2020
thumbqdm@gmail.com

Chris,
That's a beautiful Birds Nest. Great job! It does feel good when you can get your baby out of the elements. I saw you had a lawn issue when pulling in, but pulling in should be a lot easier overall. If you are reasonably straight, once the mirrors clear the door opening you just aim for a hanging tennis ball. When backing out clearing the mirrors is pretty easy. Another benefit is you can warm the engine without exhaust filling the nest. I'm in Michigan so warming takes a while. My top exhaust shoots out of my nest since I pull in. Just my 2-cents. Maybe you can make pulling in work? Enjoy your new bird nest / man cave.
Toads:
2006 Jeep Wrangler
2017 Ram 2500
Old 02-01-2020

I can stick my head out the drivers side window, don' t know what your windows are like. A bright painted line on the floor makes it easier. If you can stick your head out the window, and you hhave a reference line, you do not need you mirrors, you could fold them in.
Always good to have someone watching, that can yell " stop".
Nice garage, I want one.

Peter
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 02-01-2020

Just a thought not necessarily a good one.
You could get a $25 Wyze camera, mount it inside looking toward the door on your blind side. Then you can pull up the camera on your phone as you back in. You can look out your driver window for street side. The camera can watch curb side.
1994 Wide Body #106048 "Going Galt"
bruce.griffin67@gmail.com
334-350-8564
Blue Bird Map
Old 02-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcash View Post
Another option, I painted a red stripe on floor centerline front to back. I then stick a wood pole in receiver long enough that I can see it in rear camera. Back in with eyes on camera following line. Keeps it dead center. I have a 12' wide door which seems like a good minimum.
You do have a nice sturdy garage.
Thanks, it’s on my list. Was thinking of a LED bullseye on the center of the back wall and a crosshair on my rear view monitor. Still going to try to get the 12 foot door.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 02-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
Just a thought not necessarily a good one.
You could get a $25 Wyze camera, mount it inside looking toward the door on your blind side. Then you can pull up the camera on your phone as you back in. You can look out your driver window for street side. The camera can watch curb side.
That is a good idea. Thanks!
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 02-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmarycamilleri View Post
I can stick my head out the drivers side window, don' t know what your windows are like. A bright painted line on the floor makes it easier. If you can stick your head out the window, and you hhave a reference line, you do not need you mirrors, you could fold them in.
Always good to have someone watching, that can yell " stop".
Nice garage, I want one.

Peter
Thanks Peter. I need to pull out both side windows and rework them. Right now I can’t open either. I’ve been meaning to look at them. Think the P.O. screwed them shut. With a camera on one side and my head on the other, it might be a plan!
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 02-01-2020
Forum owner

i have seen a guy use a strip of LED lights nailed to the back wall vertically,lined up with the side of the coach.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
i have seen a guy use a strip of LED lights nailed to the back wall vertically,lined up with the side of the coach.
Thanks Randy. That could help. It’s just the last 8 feet or so when I need to pull my mirrors in. I’m thinking right now about what you suggested, a wireless camera that Bruce suggested (just ordered it now ) and my LED X directly center behind me with a small tape X on the monitor. I already spent a ton of money on this. I love to put in a bigger door but I got to see what it’s going to cost from the company that made the carport. I see doors on the WWW for about 1200$ plus truck shipping. If the carport company will work with me, give me a good price and drop it off on their next trip down here, I might go that way. If not, all the electronic aids I can come up will make it work. I’m going to get two strings of red LED Christmas lights, tack them on a 1/4 and have my wife help me line them up on the back wall. Make a one foot X of LEDs and Then the camera in the meantime.

Just thought about some sort of soft rubber or plastic thing that would have a buzzer or a light in it that I could mount on a 1/4 hunk of wood and bolt down on each side door frame. I know the coach isn’t slab sided, but something that could swing or move a bit. Keep me from getting close to the door frame. Hmmm.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835