Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 09-11-2017

Question Aqua Hot is leaking diesel from the exhaust when running.

The Aqua Hot in my 95 BMC has started leaking raw diesel out the exhaust pipe when it is running. It was rebuilt by Aqua Hot about three years ago and has been trouble free since I've owned it until lately. It works fine on 120 volt electric but when I run it on diesel it makes heat and some white smoke as it warms up but it drips unburned diesel out the exhaust.

The exhaust is warm but not hot and it pulses some. I figure that it is running real rich or the jet is loose or there is some other diesel leak near the jet. I've opened up the case and everything is clean and dry inside. The next step is removing the blower/burner and replacing the jet (which I have as I bought one from Roger Berke when I bought the Bluebird). The problem is that I lack the confidence in my mechanical skills to remove the burner from the tank, reset the electrodes and replace the jet and re-install the burner. That is basically the annual service procedure. I had all four of the fuel filters replaced a few months ago. AH, Gen Set, and two for the engine.

Would anyone want to do an Aqua Hot demo at Pine Mountain WOG? The BMC has easy access to the Aqua Hot and I have a spare jet and fuel filter aboard. Lacking that, does Coachcraft do well with Aqua Hot?
The guys at Coachcraft are good folk. I stopped by last year after WOG to have a ceiling panel replaced and they did a great job.

I apologize for the rambling post.

Keirn Rush, Carolyn Rush
and Mike the Wanderdog.
New Bern, North Carolina
keirn@keirnrush.com
252-249-2628
95 BMC 37
Old 09-11-2017

I would suggest an annual service. (New nozzle etc) I had a similar issue with mine. (White smoke and fuel running out of exhaust.) No problem after servicing. I had watched a number of Aqua Hot Services being done. After watching this video to refresh my memory, I was able to complete the task. Extremely important that you are careful when reinstalling the burner/blower assembly. DO NOT over torque the two mounting bolts. Snug is good enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p5T6ixogEk
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 09-11-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirn and Carolyn View Post
The Aqua Hot in my 95 BMC has started leaking raw diesel out the exhaust pipe when it is running. It was rebuilt by Aqua Hot about three years ago and has been trouble free since I've owned it until lately. It works fine on 120 volt electric but when I run it on diesel it makes heat and some white smoke as it warms up but it drips unburned diesel out the exhaust.

The exhaust is warm but not hot and it pulses some. I figure that it is running real rich or the jet is loose or there is some other diesel leak near the jet. I've opened up the case and everything is clean and dry inside. The next step is removing the blower/burner and replacing the jet (which I have as I bought one from Roger Berke when I bought the Bluebird). The problem is that I lack the confidence in my mechanical skills to remove the burner from the tank, reset the electrodes and replace the jet and re-install the burner. That is basically the annual service procedure. I had all four of the fuel filters replaced a few months ago. AH, Gen Set, and two for the engine.

Would anyone want to do an Aqua Hot demo at Pine Mountain WOG? The BMC has easy access to the Aqua Hot and I have a spare jet and fuel filter aboard. Lacking that, does Coachcraft do well with Aqua Hot?
The guys at Coachcraft are good folk. I stopped by last year after WOG to have a ceiling panel replaced and they did a great job.

I apologize for the rambling post.
I think Millie is doing a Aqua Hot demo.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 09-11-2017
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

If the dash light is staying on it would indicate it is lighting, if it goes out, it is failing to light or failing to recognize flame.
Could be a number of things, know way of knowing without pulling the burner.
If you will download the 106pg manual, it covers about everything on most AH, including servicing. If you choose to give it a try, and have any questions, you can ask on here or call or text me.
Here is a link.

http://eulake.com/AH106SM.pdf
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 09-11-2017

Mallie, I think the OP is offering his coach as a guinea pig for your demonstration!

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43