Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 11-20-2019

Default Aqua Hot remains running on Purge Cycle

My AHE-100-02S has been effectively warming my coach for the last month running consistently as it is suppose to. I noticed yesterday that the unit still runs through its cycles but sometimes fails to the Shut down after the Purge Cycle. It will stay running on the Purge cycle until the the unit calls for more heat and then the ignition and fire cycles start again. The only way to shut this off during the purge cycle glitch is to turn dash switch off and on a couple times.
The unit seems to return to normal after this and the purge cycle will work as its suppose to. Eventually it stays on Purge again and I need to manually cycle dash switch to shut it down.
1997 WB43
1977 FC31 RB Sold

"The tallest guy with the shortest bus acquired a "BIG BUSTA"

<bustadesign@hotmail.com>
Old 11-20-2019

Dave, I bet the relay in the controller is sticking in the closed position. I would try tapping on the side of the controller when it is stuck in purge. You will have to remove the cover on the unit and tap the box on the side of the Webasto burner motor.

If that is the problem I believe Dale Cash had a fix for those relays. I am sure he will chime in if you need the help.
Had 81 FC35
937-407-0079
Old 11-20-2019

Dave, I agree with Allen. I have a good working box I'd be happy to loan you for a test. Your close by, let me know.

Dale Cash
Kimball, MI
1997 WB43
djcash59@gmail
Old 11-20-2019

Thanks Alan and Dale. I turned off the aqua hot tonight and will be heating coach with the electric heaters. My bus is currently stranded at my house waiting for the cement and asphalt work to get completed at my heated storage garage. It figures that we would have to go through the coldest November in history right now. Looks like the weather will be more seasonal over the next week staying above freezing. I will open up the AH tomorrow and see if the relay can be jarred loose. The AH has worked flawlessly up until yesterday, kept the bus warm and toasty and maintained 50* basement temps through the record bitter cold last week. I guess I was pushing it!
Dale I might take you up on that once I have the Bus in my garage. Thanks !
1997 WB43
1977 FC31 RB Sold

Old 11-20-2019

Dave please don't hesitate to call me. If the control box is the confirmed culprit maybe I can help get it going again.

Dale Cash
Kimball, MI
1997 WB43
djcash59@gmail
Old 11-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcash View Post
Dave please don't hesitate to call me. If the control box is the confirmed culprit maybe I can help get it going again.
Dale, I was just studying your post on modifying with remote relays.
Very interesting and looks like a simple mod. Great idea. I might be reaching out for advice once I get the Bus back into storage.

Thanks
1997 WB43
1977 FC31 RB Sold