Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 10-04-2011
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixbus View Post
Thas's a super nice conversion to be proud of. I am still browsing this thread. I would like to do some upgrades to this 82 FC like install a late model ISB and scrap the 3208.

I tried something similar a few years ago....................

Decided to go back to my 3208
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SHOW ME THOSE HILLS NOW.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	12760  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 10-04-2011

Too much power for you, John? I know, you didn't want to pass too many trucks going uphill, plus you couldn't smell the flowers.
Old 10-04-2011

LOL @ John

You even got a custom "inverted" ISX, with everything on the opposite side of where it normally is
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 10-04-2011

John's fooled me a couple times the photo shop stuff.. Boy if it was that easy we'd all have new engines for sure. Stuffed that sucker right in there. Easy way to take care of rust, paint damage and even wheel polishing too.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 10-04-2011

Spoke with Mike today, he is getting ready to Bolt the ISX in place, the engine is placed right behind the coach, pointing in the correct direction...just a matter on lining everything up and putting it in. He has to drill some new holes for the rear engine mount, because the ISX is about a foot longer (towards the back of the coach).

With the Allison transmission, I have to have it reprogrammed with the "MH4000" firmware in order to handle the 600HP+ the Cummins will produce. I was really hoping that the guy who owns the 09 Wanderlodge would trade me computers since he doesn't need those settings for the 400hp N14 cummins in installed in place of the ISX he used to own (must be related to John Finn), but he wont trade......just flat out..NO!

I checked with a couple Allison shops, and they are talking like $2000-$3000 to upload the new firmware into my computer

The Good news: One of Mikes buddies, who will be doing most of my wiring is an Allison/Detroit Technician, and said he will upload it for $150.

Things are coming together nicely
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 10-04-2011

hi david
i will be watching for new pics. !!!
i think you'll have enough power now!!!!
mike
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 10-04-2011
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morefire View Post
Spoke with Mike today, he is getting ready to Bolt the ISX in place, the engine is placed right behind the coach, pointing in the correct direction...just a matter on lining everything up and putting it in. He has to drill some new holes for the rear engine mount, because the ISX is about a foot longer (towards the back of the coach).

With the Allison transmission, I have to have it reprogrammed with the "MH4000" firmware in order to handle the 600HP+ the Cummins will produce. I was really hoping that the guy who owns the 09 Wanderlodge would trade me computers since he doesn't need those settings for the 400hp N14 cummins in installed in place of the ISX he used to own (must be related to John Finn), but he wont trade......just flat out..NO!

I checked with a couple Allison shops, and they are talking like $2000-$3000 to upload the new firmware into my computer

The Good news: One of Mikes buddies, who will be doing most of my wiring is an Allison/Detroit Technician, and said he will upload it for $150.

Things are coming together nicely
A foot longer?
Berta butt 2,coming up!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 10-04-2011

Wasn't this a powerplant that was intended for this spec Bird? If so may not have to graft on more acreage to the rear....

Ken - Austin, Texas -
'94 34' Safari Serengeti sold - Mom remarried @71 and they upgraded to a newer Coach w/Slides

(HDT Coach or BMC & Stacker for me in the future.)
Old 10-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver View Post
Wasn't this a powerplant that was intended for this spec Bird? If so may not have to graft on more acreage to the rear....
Yes, there is lots of space back there for the engine, in fact, it is going to drop in there and hook up as if it was OEM. Mike has ALL the OEM parts from that other coach that had the ISX in it.

Oh and Randy, Mike just kinda threw out the 1 foot longer comment, I am not sure that is an actual "measured" comment or not, but the isx IS longer for sure..... could be 10"..11"

Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 10-04-2011

sheesh it was practically a MID-ENGINE before!
Ex-PT36