Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #741  
Old 12-29-2011
Morefire's Avatar
Morefire Morefire is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,093
Default

The Cummins is now mounted in the coach

It's not wired up yet, but it's bolted up to the tranny and the engine mount, and it's in there for good.

I see he hasn't done anything with my Alternator set up yet, but I am sure it will be beefed up before it's done.

It's getting exciting now!!


__________________
David G
Toronto, Ontario
2009 Bluebird 40' Coach
Cummins ISX-650HP
Reply With Quote
  #742  
Old 12-29-2011
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 37,890
Default

its not so big looking now!
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #743  
Old 12-29-2011
Skidder's Avatar
Skidder Skidder is offline
Skidder
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mount Hope
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morefire View Post
The Cummins is now mounted in the coach

It's not wired up yet, but it's bolted up to the tranny and the engine mount, and it's in there for good.

I see he hasn't done anything with my Alternator set up yet, but I am sure it will be beefed up before it's done.

It's getting exciting now!!


David:

Awesome. I can't wait to see what he does with the alternator. Keep the pictures coming. A great journey to see this build. Thanks again.
__________________
A.W.(Art) Moore
Mount Hope, ON Canada

Wannabee
Reply With Quote
  #744  
Old 12-29-2011
Morefire's Avatar
Morefire Morefire is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,093
Default

Skidder, The Alternator bracket is small fries right now to me, that can be done at any time.
What I REALLY want to see is the wiring harness getting hooked up so all my feature work (engine brake, fast idle etc) , and the engine and transmission computers talking to each other, the Allison B500 transmission firmware upgraded to the MH4000 firmware.
That's the tricky part in my opinion, although Mike doesn't seem to think it's a big deal at all.

Either way, it seems like he is starting to do some work on it now........
__________________
David G
Toronto, Ontario
2009 Bluebird 40' Coach
Cummins ISX-650HP
Reply With Quote
  #745  
Old 01-04-2012
Morefire's Avatar
Morefire Morefire is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,093
Default

The engine is fully plumbed now.
Mike said that because my coach had some different options such as that huge Thermo king Roof air, and since he had to put the double Alternators on the other side...etc..... allot of the plumbing wouldn’t fit, so he had to cut and re-weld allot of the pipes.

Now he has to move the Thermo king AC compressor forward.........and guess what, the hoses are too short to move it forward 8" which is what the ISX is over the C13. So he has to extend the hoses, which means he will also have to recharge that HUGE AC system.....ouch$$$$$.

He also ordered a custom extended drive shaft for the cooling fan drive to reach the front of the ISX.

Mike said the ISX is RIGHT at the limit to fit, any longer and he would have had to extend the rear end of the coach to make it fit.






__________________
David G
Toronto, Ontario
2009 Bluebird 40' Coach
Cummins ISX-650HP
Reply With Quote
  #746  
Old 01-04-2012
Morefire's Avatar
Morefire Morefire is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,093
Default

I just hope the Straight pipe set up that I asked for sounds good
__________________
David G
Toronto, Ontario
2009 Bluebird 40' Coach
Cummins ISX-650HP
Reply With Quote
  #747  
Old 01-04-2012
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 37,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morefire View Post
I just hope the Straight pipe set up that I asked for sounds good
Its going to sound,thats for sure!
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #748  
Old 01-05-2012
DW SD DW SD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Encinitas
Posts: 1,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morefire View Post
The engine is fully plumbed now.
Mike said that because my coach had some different options such as that huge Thermo king Roof air, and since he had to put the double Alternators on the other side...etc..... allot of the plumbing wouldn’t fit, so he had to cut and re-weld allot of the pipes.

Now he has to move the Thermo king AC compressor forward.........and guess what, the hoses are too short to move it forward 8" which is what the ISX is over the C13. So he has to extend the hoses, which means he will also have to recharge that HUGE AC system.....ouch$$$$$.

He also ordered a custom extended drive shaft for the cooling fan drive to reach the front of the ISX.

Mike said the ISX is RIGHT at the limit to fit, any longer and he would have had to extend the rear end of the coach to make it fit.






I've done a few engine transplants and they aren't always as straightforward as they would seem.

Good luck!

Doug
__________________
Doug W.
Encinitas CA
2004 M380
Ex-PT36
Reply With Quote
  #749  
Old 01-05-2012
bubblerboy64 bubblerboy64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Shippensburg Pa
Posts: 6,842
Default

My thinking goes like this. If it went easier then you thought it would something isn't right. If it's supposed to take an hour it takes a day. If it's supposed to take a day it takes a week. If it's supposed to take a week I don't even start.

Just hope it's worth it to you in the end. This entire project is extremely interesting but I am really really glad I am just reading about i
__________________

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Reply With Quote
  #750  
Old 01-05-2012
Morefire's Avatar
Morefire Morefire is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
Just hope it's worth it to you in the end. This entire project is extremely interesting but I am really really glad I am just reading about i
You don't know what your missing


It's definitely worth it to me. It's the whole experience that is priceless to me, and custom work that I LOVE about it.

But as you can tell, I think differently, and do things completely different than most would.

With the money I have in this coach right now, I could have just about bought any coach on Randy's site, and I have been very aware of it the entire time.
But I am not concerned about resale, or what adds value or not....... I only care about the features I want for myself, and apart from a Slide, I have exactly what I want.

Right now, I wouldn't trade this coach for anything out there, with the exception of a brand new Newell But I don't expect a call from Mr Newell anytime soon, so..... this is my dream coach.

It's been a fun journey so far
__________________
David G
Toronto, Ontario
2009 Bluebird 40' Coach
Cummins ISX-650HP
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello forum! I’m new to the forum, to BB’s, and to coach life. 'just wanderin? New Members 19 02-19-2014 07:22 PM
2009 Bluebird Owners Rally Across The Street (RATS) iamflagman Rallies 307 04-20-2010 10:54 PM
2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally (UPDATED) iamflagman Rallies 47 07-09-2009 09:36 AM
New 2009 BB at Parliment Coach Bumpersbird Under The Awning 14 10-04-2008 07:54 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.