Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Finally stopped raining and area under my Bird was now dry enough to crawl around and trouble shoot based on feedback received from you all.

Elected to start with the compressor so I started bus and lifted doghouse cover.
Tension in belts for Air-compressor and Alternator is not adequate and the pulleys do not rotate.

Crawled under to discover on belt broken from crank pulley to water pump to the idler pulley broken.

This Bird sat for 15 years before I bought it. Feeling fortunate to have no major issues when I drove it from Ohio to Tennessee a few months back. Have decided to replace all belts and coolant hoses. I do not have a swing out radiator so I know what I will be doing all of next weekend.

Any suggestions on what else I should address while I am doing this work? As always, input is always appreciated.

Kevin & Christine Coons
Chattanooga, TN
Two Bird Club and Happy About It
1986 Wanderlodge PT 40 “Earl”
1979 FC31 “Ernest”
Looking for a 3rd Bird - a PT35 or PT36
2018 Jeep Wrangler Toad