Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Great Food

Great Food Everybody loves great food. Where's the best place to eat while on the road?

Site Search:

Old 02-08-2009

Default Great Food for our Dogs

We have two dogs which have been on a raw dog food diet.
The raw food diet consists of :
  • chopped up chicken or beef with organ meats and bones.
  • chopped up veggies of all sorts.
Question: I am sure there are places that have this in the US, would some of you people have an address for us?

Thanks
Old 02-08-2009

any Fast Ffood burger Joint

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 02-08-2009

Bill I'm in Mexico right now lots running around here......lol
Carvel AB Canada
Old 02-09-2009

John/Deb:
Hope you folks are having a good time. Quartzite will be better next year though LOL.
Old 02-25-2010

We have three German Shepherd Dogs and follow a website for Leerburg.com and the administrator advocates a raw diet. Mr. Frawley has an email that comes out every two or three weeks and he frequently talks about raw diet. You can also email him a question. Hope this helps. RIck in NW Ohio

1980 FC35, 1961 PD4106 GMC SN:326 Charter member of the Two Bus Club for now
I am in Toledo, Ohio
Rick Gunther
Old 02-25-2010

Im a vegan dont eat meat, dairy, salt or any chemicals. I had a pit bull that I fed the same diet and at 13 years old she looked like she was about Three maybee four, the whites of her eyes were whiter than snow as were her teeth. In the south eastern summer with high humidity and temps around 100F I could play fetch in my yard with her for over an hour and she would not pant! Have you ever seen a dog exercise in 100* heat and not pant? I have.

Just a few "kibbles" of truth.

Peace&Love, Darren

Wanderlodge Wannabe
That's "Cheers" the dream coach
Old 02-25-2010

We don't feed raw diet but no human food, very very little treats. Just a treat once in a great while for a reward when training. Oldest dog is 13+ and we feed her Blue Buffalo/Senior. It agrees with her pretty well. The two other dogs are 3 and 7 and they both get Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul for large breed dogs. My wife makes up some veggies and rice and garlic for them to put on the dry food. All our dogs are in great shape. I road raced bicycles for fourteen years and ate no red meat, mostly veggies and carbs for that time. I rode over 10,000 miles a year for those fourteen years. Commuted to work and rode 4-500 miles Friday to Sunday most weekends during racing season. I know that eating properly was part of the key to my cycling success. Your question, no I never did see a dog that didn't pant in 100 degree weather. Rick in NW Ohio

1980 FC35, 1961 PD4106 GMC SN:326 Charter member of the Two Bus Club for now
I am in Toledo, Ohio
Rick Gunther
Old 02-26-2010
Geek

We sell raw dog foods in dehydrated, fresh (refrigerated), and frozen. We only ship the dehydrated stuff, which comes from a company called The Honest Kitchen. Their website is http://www.thehonestkitchen.com

They sell direct, or you can buy from dealers like us.

We also carry the products Rick mentioned, Blue Buffalo and Chicken Soup, and a host of others as well.
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 02-26-2010

Problems with discussing diets and dieting. Not a lot of science, too much emotion. Solid facts are hard to get.

Dogs, I believe from my experience limited as it is that most any quality dry dog food is fine for the average dog. Vets have always said so and I think they would be the first to say differently. I've never been able to understand why there are fat dogs because I've never known of one who could feed himself. We've had skin allergy problems with a couple of our dogs and had to go to special formula's. I'll maintain that if you don't over feed your dog and he gets exercised regularly he'll do as well on good old kibble as anything else. It's supposed to be and I believe it is pretty well balanced. Probably better balanced the the average human gets by a mile. I would be concerned about raw meat being contaminated, I wouldn't eat it and I wouldn't feed it to my dog.

As to human diets. Well, I am poor excuse but certainly I believe on the average we eat way too much and way too much of the wrong things. I don't have a problem with eating some meat but the portions that we eat are extreme. So there is a logic to being a vegetarian. Certainly exercise is the critical thing. More important then diet and likely so for our pets. Most dogs lay around all day and that has to be a negative.

May not agree on the details but certainly some type of sensible diet and exercise program for all of us is what is lacking in the USA. If people just ate reasonable portions and cut the soda's and french fries out they would be well on the way. I know I would be. And if you're into beer instead of soda put that on the list. Diet soda's are just as bad, they are proven to stimulate the brain to want more sugar so they are not helping and may actually undermine your efforts. Water it is boys and girls.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 02-26-2010

hi there

don, i have sent a PM...

when we got our cooker-poo at age 5yrs, it was a battle he could not keep food down,i tried 13 different types of kibble before i found one that stayed down for 75% of the time. i had many discussions with a dog rescuer who then suggested BARF diet for canine. so we started him on it... he now keeps his food down 99.9% time of the last 7 1/2yrs. I have been lucky to have vets who are open to this...

when we got our cooker spaniel 5yrs ago(she's 12 now) she was a whopp'n 40lbs...she came to me on a diet of allpo can food and cronic ear infections. at that time we were feeding the other chicken/veggies..... after a quick switch over a couple months later found out that the cocker had a chicken allergy(cocker spaniel rescue--said chicken was on top of the list) we switched he over to beef/veggies. she is now around 25- 27 lbs and has never had another ear infection. and last yr she had an crutciate ligament repair last year and of all the dogs that had the surgery that week she was the oldest and she healed quite quickly(but that could be she had an over protective mommmy)

now that they are seniors i also have there senior blood panels done every 2nd yr. and the diet is still doing great..no need to reduce protien intake.and the vet is very happy with them.

they do get some kibble as i use this for treats.

this works for us, it can be time consuming when making veggies, i buy my meat from a butcher that is 7hrs away(not a problem as evey trip we take we pass thru that town on the way home that way we have to stop for the dogs...BUT i get to SHOP too)

but diets are what works for us (Human and Canine friends) we choose our diets for ourselves and for them and if it works and all is happy then that is AWESOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB View Post
We sell raw dog foods in dehydrated, fresh (refrigerated), and frozen. We only ship the dehydrated stuff, which comes from a company called The Honest Kitchen. Their website is http://www.thehonestkitchen.com

They sell direct, or you can buy from dealers like us.

We also carry the products Rick mentioned, Blue Buffalo and Chicken Soup, and a host of others as well.
$QUANDERLODGE lll ???

This somewhat birdless potter has a SHINY BRAND NEW KILN in her future

Kitimat,BC EH?
Blog : http://tulipvendor50.blogspot.ca