Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-21-2012

Default Front Slide Out Wiring Digram

I searched and didn't find a wiring digram for the front slide out, anyone have one or know where I may find one? I can't find any obvious reason why I don't have power to the slide out control pannel.

Thanks,

Terry
Old 12-22-2012

Have you tried the BB website http://service.blue-bird.com/wirings...s/default.aspx where you enter your body number, W000nnn, to get a list of schematics that can be downloaded? I've tried there but cannot find anything for my coach's front slide.

However, you may not be out of luck. Someone from the WOG posted a couple of electrical schematics for the front slide assembly that I have attached. The look to be the proper era but do not full 38H4 code for our M380 so you will need to check them against your coach's actual wiring.

You didn't mention the pneumatic schematic but I thought I'd throw that in as well. This is the only one that that I've seen. It was created by a fellow WOG'r. It shows good detail between the auxiliary air compressors and the slide control manifold. It doesn't have details beyond the manifold. Perhaps as you investigate your problem, you may find some of that missing info that you can share with the rest of the group.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LivRmSlide1.pdf (137.3 KB, 115 views)
File Type: pdf LivRmSlide2.pdf (85.3 KB, 89 views)
File Type: pdf Air Schematic for Slide Out.pdf (141.7 KB, 97 views)
Old 12-24-2012

This may be too obvious, but I recently had a situation of "no power to the slide out control panel" and subsequently determined that the relay in the front of the bus was defective (this relay is on the driver's side front compartment under the driver's side window. I just jumpered the relay and restored power to the slide-out panel.
Old 12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfinch View Post
This may be too obvious, but I recently had a situation of "no power to the slide out control panel" and subsequently determined that the relay in the front of the bus was defective (this relay is on the driver's side front compartment under the driver's side window. I just jumpered the relay and restored power to the slide-out panel.

Is the relay marked?

Terry
Old 12-24-2012

Default Slide-out Relay

Didn't notice any particular marking, but there are two relays at the top of the
electronic panel - the one on the right controls the power to the panel. A DC meter will probably show power on the right side of the relay, but nothing on the left side. I just removed the left side lug and placed it on the right side (Input) and restored the power to the slide-out panel. I've gotten a new relay, but haven't installed it yet.
Old 01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfinch View Post
Didn't notice any particular marking, but there are two relays at the top of the
electronic panel - the one on the right controls the power to the panel. A DC meter will probably show power on the right side of the relay, but nothing on the left side. I just removed the left side lug and placed it on the right side (Input) and restored the power to the slide-out panel. I've gotten a new relay, but haven't installed it yet.
I am confused, here is a pick of the inside of my panel, are they the same? I don't find the relay that you are refering to.

Terry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1170001.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	19793  
Old 01-17-2013

Terry, It is the relay on the right.
Old 01-17-2013

OK, I had something else in my head, the one on the left is marked IGN and the right Master, I felt of them and the IGN is 70 deg. and the Master is 105 deg. (taken with a temp gun), should it be that hot with nothing running that I am aware of?

Terry
Old 01-17-2013

Not sure why the temp differential . . .
I have no way to measure on my '03. But the relay in question had failed and did not apply power to the slide panel. By jumpering the "output" lead to the "input" lead terminal, I was able to restore power to the slide panel (not have a new relay to replace the defective one).
Old 01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Hester View Post
OK, I had something else in my head, the one on the left is marked IGN and the right Master, I felt of them and the IGN is 70 deg. and the Master is 105 deg. (taken with a temp gun), should it be that hot with nothing running that I am aware of?

Terry
A little off subject for front slides....
As noted in my July 5, 2010 posting my M380 has a hot solenoid. At the time solenoid temps for the IGN solenoid was 92 degrees while the Master solenoid was at 144 degrees. A 52 degree temperature rise compared to your 35 degree rise. Other WOG'rs report similar high temps.

I found a spec sheet that indicated this continuous duty 12 volt solenoid requires 12 watts of power or about 1 amp. Talk about parasitic loads and wasted heat!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	solenoids.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	19795  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf solenoid spec sheet R_4004B_Type_124.pdf (215.6 KB, 78 views)