Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 02-26-2010

Has anyone removed the air toilet and install the Sealand 3300 Concerto Elec. Flush, or the Sealand 3210 Manual Flush?

Any experience changing from the air toilet 4 bolt to floor to the 2 bolt units?
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 02-26-2010

Curt, you may have a couple of holes to patch in your bamboo. Thats the only thing that comes to mind.
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 02-26-2010
Wanderlodge Tech.

Yes i have , they make a rubber flange gasket that has two holes that get used the original floor flange and the other holes rest on top of the flange. As it compresses it wedges the two extra bolts between the rubber gasket and the floor flange it works great. Your Friendly Tech Johnney

Johnney Anderson
Bluebird Wanderlodge Tech.
Parliament Coachworks
Old 03-06-2010

Default Done!

OK, I finally replaced the Microphor air toilet with a Thetford Aqua Magic Style II which has a china bowl and a manual foot pedal. No electricty, no air power, and that's just the way I wanted it. Maximum water savings for boondocking. I'm spending alot of cash getting my rig more boondocking capable.

I had to run a new 3" sewer line from the bathroom to the black water tank. The 3" line was located in a completely new location in the bathroom since the Thetford is a straight down discharge while the Microphor was a rear discharge. I had to sawzall the heck out of a protective plate in the wheel well that protected the original piping. I will be replacing the protective foam that was sprayed in the wheel well to insulate and protect the original pipe location.

Cutting pieces off of my rig was scary for me but I got over it. Had to do it in order for the job to get done. Drilling a 4" hole in Ernie's new bamboo wood floor made me a little uneasy. Trust me, I don't have any experience at this kind of stuff so it was all new to me. I didn't know what surprises there was going to be, if any. All in all, it went well except I didn't have the exact proper tools to do the job. I improvised and made do with what I had. Because of that, it took me twice as long to do it.

There were no major disasters during the install so I am pretty happy with the end result. The appearance of the bathroom is still classy and we use alot less water. Most of all, that **** Microphor is not leaking all over and ruining my new hardwood floor. Thanks to all of you who contributed to this thread, especially Randy who gave me some info via PM.

OK, now onto the next project getting the residential fridge replaced and water system plumbing redone at the water pump area.
1992 Ford F250 4x4 Toad
Old 04-28-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnney Anderson View Post
Yes i have , they make a rubber flange gasket that has two holes that get used the original floor flange and the other holes rest on top of the flange. As it compresses it wedges the two extra bolts between the rubber gasket and the floor flange it works great. Your Friendly Tech Johnney
Could someone say if the 4-bolt pattern on the Microphone L220 needs special gaskets flanges or anything to adapt the flange to a Basic Domestic 2-bolt toilet? Having watched videos and read Microphor and Dometic installation guides, I still can't tell if I will need a new flange or what I'll see when I lift off the Microphone.

I've just never seen a 4-bolt toilet before, want to be sure I've got what I need to swap out LF200 for Dometic in one fell swoop.
Full-time in 2019
Old 04-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbedinger View Post
Could someone say if the 4-bolt pattern on the Microphone L220 needs special gaskets flanges or anything to adapt the flange to a Basic Domestic 2-bolt toilet? Having watched videos and read Microphor and Dometic installation guides, I still can't tell if I will need a new flange or what I'll see when I lift off the Microphone.

I've just never seen a 4-bolt toilet before, want to be sure I've got what I need to swap out LF200 for Dometic in one fell swoop.
Ned, don't know about your installation or if you PO may have made some changes. Mine had a closet flange that was good. You will need a new seal. I'm a traditionalist and and like the wax ring https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fluidmas...-203764000-_-N The Microphor is screwed down to the floor with the 4 screws. The Dometic is like the one you have at home and held down with two closet bolts to the flange. The only thing to worry about is over tightening. It can crack the base. You will have to deal with the 4 holes and the "footprint" of the Microphor is larger so there may be some discolorization of the existing floor. You can use one of those rugs that wrap around the stool or end up with some new flooring to hide it. I went with the rug for the time being until a new floor is in order.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 04-28-2019

Mwuahahaha!

Instagram
Old 04-29-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Ned, don't know about your installation or if you PO may have made some changes. Mine had a closet flange that was good. You will need a new seal. I'm a traditionalist and and like the wax ring https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fluidmas...-203764000-_-N The Microphor is screwed down to the floor with the 4 screws. The Dometic is like the one you have at home and held down with two closet bolts to the flange. The only thing to worry about is over tightening. It can crack the base. You will have to deal with the 4 holes and the "footprint" of the Microphor is larger so there may be some discolorization of the existing floor. You can use one of those rugs that wrap around the stool or end up with some new flooring to hide it. I went with the rug for the time being until a new floor is in order.
Tile floor
Bottle of Clorox Pet Stain Remove

I know I'm going to have to undo 4 fasteners (they're under white caps) to get the LF220 off the floor. If the rear two are not closet bolts but rather screws into the subfloor, could caulk the holes and move on. Dometic instruction vids use what looks like a black rubber seal to seal flange to bowl. I have a rubber Fluidmaster seal that is functionally like a wax seal but not sticky if you set the toilet down wrong and have too reset it. Having made every possible error at one time or another (including cracking porcelain due to overtite on the closet bolts) and also having successfully installed some toilets, I think I'll try a rubber seal. Or Camping world will install it for $59. I don't want to turn them loose on it until Iknow exactly what I expect them to do.

Thanks for the reply, Jim.
Full-time in 2019
Old 06-16-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

Default Microphone toilet replaced

I finally had to do the deed -- pulled the Microphor and changed the wax ring, but it still rendered malodors going down the road. I guess it is the overflow drain in the bowl that causes that problem.

Then the Microphor flapper fell off and went down into the hopper. After brief consideration of the cost and time for gasket and parts I would need to fix that, I drove over to Home Depot and got 1/2" to 7/8" adapter and a dual-flush china toilet. I used a normal-thickness wax ring and two lags (1/2" shorter than the ones used with microphor) for bolting down. I used lags instead of the closet bolts because the flange was good but didn't have room under the closet bolt slots for closet bolt heads. With good 3/4" plywood under the flange, I decided to pre-drill for lags instead of trying to remedy the flange situation for closet bolts.

One week into life with the new john and I'm happy with it. The float is now adjusted to keep the water level in the toilet tank lower than the overflow standpipe. Seems that float height doesn't precisely manage water level in the tank -- imagine my surprise at dumping gray and waste tanks, topping up with potable water, and the next day running out of potable and having a full waste tank.

So, readjust the float-- if I set it to cut off after overflow, it would sometimes continue running until it emptied my 100 gallon water storage. Now it is adjusted to cut off refill before overflow. I'm saving a lot of water too.
Full-time in 2019
Old 06-16-2019

One of the best upgrades to my LXI-
Removed the microphor and replaced with a Home Depot toilet-

MJD